When it comes to software, unless you have a professional background in development, it can save you time and money to outsource those processes to a freelance developer.
AngularJS is one of those frameworks that you’ll probably have a tough time navigating on your own. That’s why we put together this full, step-by-step guide to hiring an AngularJS developer.
Best for Hiring Freelancers
Best for Hiring Employees
What is AngularJS Used For?
Angular JS is probably one of the most popular modern day web frameworks available today. This framework is used for developing mostly Single Page applications. This framework has been developed by a group of developers from Google itself.
Here are some common uses of AngularJS Programming Language:
Creating dynamic websites
AngularJS uses various techniques to make websites and web pages more interactive and streamlined for the user.
RIA, or Rich Internet Applications, are web-based applications that can appear similar to a desktop application. This offers a faster and easier user experience along with more user interactivity than a traditional web-page can.
SPA, or Single Page Application, loads the entire content of a website on a single page. This makes it easier for those browsing a website to click on a link without having to go to and load a new page. It allows them to move through various parts of the website without having to constantly reload.
PWA, or Progressive Web Applications, is a tool used to help streamline computer and mobile experiences for website users. It combines the feeling of a webpage with the ease of using an application. In many ways, these are seen as the future of various online experiences.
Dynamic, Rich, and Fast content
Writing Cleaner Code
AngularJS allows for “in conditions,” loops, and variables in the templates, thus allowing for a much cleaner coding experience.
AngularJS uses data-binding, which means it takes data sources from the provider and consumer. This allows for quicker load times and smoother experiences for the user.
What to Look for When Hiring an AngularJS Developer
When hiring an AngularJS programmer, there are a few things you have to consider including experience, rates, and the type of work arrangement. It also depends on the type of project you have and what skills you need to complete it.
AngularJS Required Skills
Here are some of the basic skills that an AngularJS Developer is expected to have:
- Thorough understanding of Angular framework
- Comprehension of AngularJS and the coming updates
- Experience with Node Package Manager
- Ability to use Angular Command Line Interface
- Knowledge of CSS and JS methods for working with visual effects at a frame rate constantly above 30fps
AngularJS developers should have some experience with the following:
- Providing responsive feedback from the client-side actions
- Creating non-blocking code as well as using multi-threading and other techniques
- Producing general use modules and components building off general AngularJS
- Using task runners and scripts
- Working with Continuous Integration environments
How to Write an AngularJS Job Description
Crafting the perfect AngularJS developer job description is critical to ensure that you get in front of the right developers. It's also important to ensure that you set the proper expectations up-front to streamline the vetting process, saving everyone time and money.
AngularJS Developer Job Description Template
Use this section to write 2-3 sentences about your company. Make sure to provide information about the company culture and benefits. This would be a good section to link to your company website. The best candidates will do some advanced research.
We are looking for an AngularJS developer responsible for building dynamic website applications utilizing (RIA, SPA, or PWA) for both mobile and desktop use. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these web applications as well as to work with the rest of the development team in order to create a streamlined experience for all web traffic coming through the application. You will focus on the client-side of our service.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Angular JS code
- Deliver a complete front end application (RIA, SPA, or PWA)
- Identify issues on the user end and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Come up with SEO solutions for single-page apps
- Communicating with external web services to ensure a streamlined experience
- Add other responsibilities here that are important for the project/job
- Strong proficiency in AngularJS, with working knowledge of the language specification
- Specify any platform(s) that you want the developer to have a strong grasp of
- Able to use CSS and work with CSS developers for streamlined animations
- Familiarity with templating in AngularJS and HTML5
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience with designing the necessary elements for serving the front-end app and assets
- Ability to utilize e2e test suites for all elements of the application
- Specify other frameworks, libraries, or any other technology relevant to your project/job
- Education level or certification requirements
AngularJS Developer Interview questions
When looking to hire an AngularJS developer, consider asking some of the following interview questions:
- What is an RIA?
- What are the primary uses of AngularJS?
- How does data-binding relate to AngularJS?
- How does scope pertain to AngularJS?
- Can you explain the controllers in AngularJS?
- What are the services in AngularJS?
- Can you explain how filters work in AngularJS?
- What are directives in AngularJS?
- How do templates work with AngularJS?
- Can you name the advantages of using AngularJS?
- Can you explain the disadvantages of using AngularJS?
- Can you name and explain the core directives of AngularJS?
- What is an MVC?
- Can you explain the process of integrating AngularJS with HTML?
- What are AngularJS expressions?
- What is the process for validating data in AngularJS?
- How can internationalization be implemented in AngularJS
Freelance AngularJS Developer Rates
On average, an AngularJS developer's medium salary comes in at $112,000. When hiring an AngularJS freelancer, you can expect to pay $59.96 on average per hour. Freelance AngularJS developer rates can range from $22-$160 per hour depending on the developer's experience, where they are located, their availability, and other programming languages required.
Check out our detailed pricing guide for more freelance website developer rates.
Where to Hire an AngularJS Developer – Top Websites
Read our list of the top websites to hire an AngularJS developer.
Developer Hiring Guides
If you are looking for other types of technical talent, we’ve put together hiring guides for these technologies as well.
Where can I find an AngularJS developer?
There are plenty of online resources available for finding an AngularJS developer online. It’s always an option to check popular job boards like LinkedIn and Indeed, but remote hiring platforms are wonderful options if it’s a single project. Fiverr, Upstack, and Toptal are great ones, but check out our list of the best freelance websites for developers.
How much does it cost to hire an AngularJS developer?
On average, an AngularJS developer can expect to make between $79,000 and $100,000 early on in their career, with many making more than that. Talent.com puts the average salary at $112,000. This means it’s common to pay a freelancer $50-$60 an hour depending on experience. On some freelance websites, you can find developers for as low as $10-$25 an hour, but they offer far less experience.
What are the most important skills to look for in an AngularJS developer?
Aside from obvious proficiency in AngularJS and HTML5, key skills for an AngularJS developer include knowledge of CSS and the ability to utilize e2e test suites. They will need to be able to use and create templates for AngularJS and HTML code. Additionally, they need to be good problem solvers in order to create the best performance for your front-end applications.
What does an AngularJS developer do?
An AngularJS developer creates the front-end experience for users. Their role is extremely important because they will be the ones creating the experience for your users and making sure that everything on the website works together with the user’s system.