Having trouble figuring out the who, how, and when of SMS marketing? You're not alone!
There are plenty of marketing agencies making bold claims, but we did some extensive research to highlight the real top players in the SMS marketing space.
These agencies have you covered.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
- An SMS marketing agency is the best way to harness the power of SMS, arguably the most effective marketing tool available
- The Snow Agency is our favorite SMS marketing agency for large businesses
- Text2VIP is our favorite SMS marketing agency for small businesses
5 Best SMS Marketing Agencies
|The Snow Agency
|Full-service agency uses copywriters to craft great SMS content
|Proprietary SMS software, affordable services
|Bespoke pricing makes this agency super scalable
|Tracks buyer’s entire journey to identify conversion rates
|Social media + SMS
|Exceptional social media marketing in addition to SMS marketing
Best for large businesses – 5.0/5 Rating
As a full-service digital marketing agency, The Snow Agency has a team of tech experts that are highly skilled, specifically in the art of SMS marketing.
They start by performing an audit on your existing brand image and SMS marketing approach to see what gaps need filling in.
From there, they help craft a comprehensive SMS marketing campaign. This entails creating an SMS calendar, keywords to allow users to subscribe and easily group them, and an Instagram swipe-up to allow users to easily subscribe from your business’s social media pages.
They use experts like SMS copywriters and designers to create texts that keep customers engaged, offering special promotions and alerting them to new products or services.
Pricing starts at around $5,000 and can go up to $50,000+.
- Full-service digital marketing with a focus on SMS.
- Expertise in crafting comprehensive SMS marketing campaigns.
- Offers services like SMS calendar creation and Instagram swipe-up features.
- Utilizes SMS copywriters and designers for engaging content.
- Suitable for large businesses with higher budgets.
- High pricing may not be affordable for smaller businesses.
- Focus on larger businesses might not suit the needs of smaller companies.
- May not offer as personalized services as smaller, niche agencies.
Best for small businesses – 5.0/5 Rating
Offering both SMS marketing and SMS software, Text2VIP has a variety of options for businesses interested in SMS marketing.
Founded in 2009, this company was one of the first SMS marketing software companies, so they have plenty of experience in the industry. This experience has taught them what works and what doesn’t, giving them the knowledge that they can pass on to their clients.
Many customers love that they can use either a “Do It Yourself” type of service or upgrade to have them do it for you.
They are unique in that, in contrast with other companies, they solely focus on SMS marketing rather than other digital marketing techniques. This allows for lower, more flexible pricing than other agencies.
- Specializes in SMS marketing and software.
- Extensive experience since 2009 in the SMS field.
- Offers flexible “Do It Yourself” or full-service options.
- Sole focus on SMS marketing allows for specialized expertise.
- More affordable and flexible pricing for small businesses.
- Limited to SMS marketing, lacking broader digital marketing services.
- DIY approach may require more effort from the business owner.
- May not have the same resources as larger, full-service agencies.
Most customizable – 5.0/5 Rating
Another full-service digital marketing agency with SMS marketing capabilities, Click Refresh offers fully customizable plans with bespoke pricing, making it suitable for businesses of all sizes with any variety of goals.
Businesses that use Click Refresh’s SMS marketing services get access to a dedicated marketing representative who manages their SMS campaign.
When you use Click Refresh, you’ll also get SMS marketing for an unlimited amount of subscribers.
You get up to 10 text message send-outs per month, with full reports on each message send-out so that you can track how successful your campaign is and see what needs improvement.
- Full-service digital marketing agency with SMS capabilities.
- Offers customizable plans with bespoke pricing.
- Provides a dedicated marketing representative for SMS campaigns.
- Unlimited subscriber access and up to 10 text message send-outs per month.
- Includes full reports on each message for campaign tracking.
- Broad focus may dilute specialized SMS expertise.
- Bespoke pricing may lack transparency and predictability.
- May not be as specialized in SMS as dedicated SMS agencies.
Best for eCommerce – 4.5/5 Rating
Businesses that specialize in eCommerce are faced with unique challenges and have needs that other companies don’t. Attentive has been able to nail the SMS marketing techniques that prove successful for online shops by focusing solely on providing solutions for eCommerce brands.
To drive up revenue, Attentive offers specialized messages that are targeted to different groups of customers. This personalization means customers receive highly relevant content that makes them more likely to engage and, ideally, purchase more of your product.
This company also tracks the buyer’s journey, tracking their habits and providing SMS communication from advertising to purchases to tracking and satisfaction surveys, eventually re-engaging them after their purchase to improve customer loyalty.
- Specializes in SMS marketing for eCommerce.
- Offers personalized messages targeting different customer groups.
- Tracks the buyer’s journey for comprehensive engagement.
- Focuses on increasing revenue and improving customer loyalty.
- Provides detailed analytics and tracking.
- Niche focus on eCommerce may not suit all business types.
- May not offer as wide a range of marketing services beyond SMS.
- Specialized approach might overlook broader marketing strategies.
Best social media + SMS- 4.5/5 Rating
Using a unique “Lifecycle Marketing” team, MuteSix can take a holistic approach to your business’s communications.
MuteSix uses a full-funnel, targeted approach to communicate with your audience, engaging them with the most relevant messaging to convert and captivate your customers.
SMS marketing is tricky, especially for business owners who are new to the method of marketing. Clients, who are often in the eCommerce and retail businesses, love how responsive the SMS marketing team at MuteSix is throughout SMS campaigns.
By combining SMS, email, and on-site marketing with in-app push notifications, companies can create a cohesive brand message that increases conversion rates and customer loyalty.
- Uses a unique “Lifecycle Marketing” team for holistic communication.
- Full-funnel, targeted approach for audience engagement.
- Combines SMS, email, and on-site marketing for cohesive messaging.
- Specializes in increasing conversion rates and customer loyalty.
- Responsive team throughout SMS campaigns.
- May be more suited for businesses with established marketing strategies.
- Lifecycle marketing approach could be complex for new businesses.
- Focus on eCommerce and retail might not align with all business types.
Uses for SMS Marketing
How We Picked Our Favorites
We don’t just make this stuff up. Here are the metrics we looked at to compile this list for you.
The success of your SMS campaign depends on how much profit your SMS marketing campaigns bring in. That’s why we looked at the conversion rate that these marketing agencies brought in for their clients.
We chose SMS marketing agencies at every price point so every business can find the right fit for them.
Segmentation is the (not so) secret to effective SMS campaigns. We looked at how well these SMS marketing agencies segment and personalize their SMS marketing efforts for their clients.
Last but certainly not least, we wanted to make sure all of the agencies we recommend offer stellar customer service, acting as an extension of your own marketing team. We checked client testimonials to verify that it wasn’t just us, too.
What Is an SMS Digital Marketing Agency?
An SMS digital marketing agency is a company that essentially handles a business’s SMS marketing strategy.
These agencies usually have a team and their own SMS software that they use, allowing you to hand over all SMS marketing functions to them.
They often offer SMS as part of a larger digital marketing strategy service, though this isn’t totally necessary.
Since they do often offer other digital marketing services, you can use these agencies to create a more cohesive brand presence to communicate the story of your company more effectively.
The goal is, of course, to drive up revenue and visibility by keeping your business at the front of your customer’s minds. SMS has a much higher engagement from customers, too, 90% open rate versus 30% for email.
What Does an SMS Marketing Agency Do?
SMS marketing agencies do everything necessary to create a successful SMS/MMS marketing campaign for their clients.
This can include an audit of your current strategy and brand image, an SMS copywriter to craft effective messages to send to customers, an SMS designer that can use things like GIFs and images to create more interesting messages, and swipe-up and short link features to allow customers to navigate directly to your site.
SMS marketing agencies can also offer analytics and the ability to track metrics so that you can see how effective your different SMS marketing techniques are.
How Much Does an SMS Marketing Agency Charge?
Since many SMS marketing agencies offer SMS as a part of a larger variety of services, it is hard to find clear pricing for these SMS marketing agencies.
Typically, a digital marketing agency will cost you anywhere from $10,000 per project to upwards of $500,000.
Basic SMS software services begin at just around $20 per month.
SMS marketing agencies are the best way to make the most of your business’s SMS marketing strategy.
These marketing agencies usually charge between $.01 to $.05 per message.
When searching for the right agency for you, consider things like cost, conversion rate, segmentation abilities, and customer service.
The Snow Agency is our top pick for large businesses, and Text2VIP is our favorite option for small businesses in need of an SMS marketing agency.
Is it worth hiring an SMS marketing agency?
If you have it in your budget and want professionals to take over your SMS campaign, it is worth it to hire an SMS marketing agency. Many companies may not need/want one.
How do I choose an SMS marketing agency?
When choosing an SMS marketing agency, think about budget, needs, and goals. Some SMS marketing agencies offer full-service digital marketing strategy and implementation, allowing you to centralize PR and communication operations.
Which SMS marketing agency is best for small businesses?
Text2VIP is the best SMS marketing agency for small businesses.
Which SMS marketing agency is best for large businesses?
The Snow Agency is the best SMS marketing agency for large businesses.
How much does an SMS marketing agency cost?
An SMS marketing agency costs between $.01 to $.05 per SMS.
Is SMS marketing still effective?
Yes, SMS marketing is still one of the most effective marketing tactics.
How do I choose the best SMS marketing platform?
To choose the best SMS marketing platform, consider features like two-way messaging, automation tools, segmentation capabilities, cost, and analytics/reporting.