Baltimore is known for things like – Old Bay seasoning, the Star-Spangled Banner, and Edgar Allen Poe. What else makes Baltimore great? A long list of local digital marketing agencies that specialize in everything from content creation to conversion optimization to branding.
However, it's a good idea to know more about these companies to see if they have the right marketing tools for your needs.
We found the top five digital marketing agencies in the Baltimore area. Whether you're a large company or a start-up, you should be able to find a local digital marketing agency that is right for you.
Best for Growth Marketers Best for Paid Ads & CMO's Best for eCommerce Marketing
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Top Baltimore Digital Marketing AgenciesLearn More
When you want to be sure that a digital marketing agency understands your business, then you should consider the expertise of Greenflag Media. The company has serviced a diverse range of businesses from healthcare to tech. Also, the company offers many digital marketing services including SEO, eCommerce, and real estate digital marketing.
Another great thing about Greenflag Media is that their rates are on the lower end of the spectrum. Therefore, if you're a smaller company or brand, then Greenflag Media may be able to accommodate your budget.
- Diverse industry experience including healthcare and tech.
- Offers a wide range of services like SEO and eCommerce marketing.
- More affordable rates, suitable for smaller companies.
- Expertise in real estate digital marketing.
- May not have the capacity for very large-scale projects.
- Limited global reach compared to larger agencies.
- Potentially less experience in certain niche markets.
Best for web servicesLearn More
Are you looking to develop your website? There are only a handful of Baltimore area digital marketing agencies that have the web development experience that R2 Integrated has to offer. They have worked with top brands including Compass and Hershey’s to develop their web strategy.
Also, R2 offers other digital marketing services such as SEO. In all, this is a pretty large digital marketing agency with a diverse range of services. If you have a larger brand, then you should have no problem getting top results from this company.
- Strong expertise in web development and strategy.
- Experience working with top brands.
- Offers a comprehensive range of digital marketing services.
- Known for effective SEO strategies.
- Might be more expensive, catering to larger brands.
- Could be overwhelming for small businesses or startups.
- Services may be more web-focused than other marketing areas.
Top digital strategy agencyLearn More
If you don’t have a digital strategy in place, then you'll want to look at what TBG or The Berndt Group has to offer. This is an excellent digital marketing agency that can help you out on the “ground floor” of a project. The team at TBG can not only help you flesh out a strategy, but they can also execute your campaign with a variety of digital marketing services.
TBG has worked with several different types of brands and companies. However, they have unique experience in the healthcare field. Therefore, if you're a hospital or medical brand, then TBG may be the ideal choice for you.
- Specializes in developing digital strategies from the ground up.
- Diverse experience with various brands, especially in healthcare.
- Offers a full suite of digital marketing services.
- Known for effective campaign execution.
- May not be the best fit for non-healthcare sectors.
- Potentially higher costs for comprehensive strategy development.
- Could be too complex for small-scale digital marketing needs.
Are you looking for a way to brand your company online? Branding is not easy and you certainly need some seasoned experts to help your brand stand out from the competition. Tinted is a top digital marketing agency with vast branding experience. They work with lots of local Baltimore area companies to give them a boost against their competitors.
Also, Tinted offers several other digital services including social media marketing. If you're looking for a digital marketing agency that can help you in the early stages of your company, then Tinted is an excellent choice.
- Specializes in branding and making companies stand out.
- Offers social media marketing services.
- Ideal for early-stage companies needing brand development.
- Experienced with local Baltimore area businesses.
- Might not offer as broad a range of services as larger agencies.
- Branding focus may not suit companies looking for more technical services.
- Limited information on scalability and handling large projects.
Best for large projectsLearn More
Looking for a large digital marketing agency to handle your major projects? Then you'll want to see what Waschaski has to offer. They're one of the most experienced digital marketing agencies in the Baltimore area and they have worked with a diverse range of clients.
You can also get many top services from Waschaski including branding, digital strategy, and social media marketing. This is particularly advantageous since you won’t have to farm out work to several different shops.
- Suitable for handling large and complex digital marketing projects.
- Offers a wide range of services including branding and social media marketing.
- Experienced with a diverse client base.
- One-stop-shop for various digital marketing needs.
- May be more expensive due to the scale of services offered.
- Could be less personalized attention for smaller projects.
- Might not be the most cost-effective for startups or small businesses.
Can I hire a Baltimore digital marketing agency if I don’t live in the area?
Each one of these Baltimore-based digital agencies has serviced clients outside of the Baltimore area. Be sure to ask the digital marketing agency if they can service your account remotely.
How much time does a project take to complete?
The time it takes to complete a project will depend on several factors. If you are looking for multiple services, then it will take longer. However, if you just need a paid search project completed, then the turnaround time could be as little as a week or two.
Can digital agencies guarantee results?
Chances are that a digital agency will not be able to guarantee results. However, you can look at previous case studies to get an idea of what the digital marketing agency may be able to do for your business.
How much of a budget should I have?
You should have a budget of at least $5,000 if you are simply looking for a paid SEO campaign or a simple web re-design. More complex projects will run over $50,000.