A Fractional Sales Assistant is a part-time helper who supports a company's sales team. They do various tasks like managing schedules, contacting customers, and organizing data. They work only some hours, not full-time, making them flexible and cost-effective for businesses needing extra sales help without hiring a full-time employee.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This fractional sales assistant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Fractional Sales Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a Fractional Sales Assistant to support our sales team. This part-time role offers a chance to learn, grow, and contribute to our success. If organization and communication are your strengths, we would love to have you bring your enthusiasm to our dynamic team.
- Help plan and organize sales activities.
- Support sales team with scheduling meetings.
- Answer phone calls and emails from customers.
- Update customer records in the database.
- Prepare and send out sales materials and information.
- Assist in creating sales presentations and documents.
- Keep track of sales targets and results.
- Work with other teams, like marketing, to help with sales efforts.
- Handle simple problems and questions from customers.
- Learn about our products and services to help sell them.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in sales or customer service roles.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly present product and service information.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices.
- Proficiency in English and the language of the target market.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) tools and common office software.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good understanding of marketing principles and techniques.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methods.
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting customers.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a fractional sales assistant to gauge these skills in candidates.
Fractional Sales Assistant Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for fractional sales assistant. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$25 – $50
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$800 – $2000
|$500 – $5000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Fractional CRO Job Description
- Fractional VP of Sales Job Description
- Fractional Sales Director Job Description
What does a Fractional Sales Assistant do?
A Fractional Sales Assistant provides part-time, scalable sales support to businesses, handling tasks like lead generation, customer relationship management, and administrative duties to boost sales efficiency.
What is the difference between Sales Assistant and Fractional Sales Assistant?
A Sales Assistant is a full-time employee, while a Fractional Sales Assistant is a part-time or contract-based professional, offering flexible support to multiple clients or businesses.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Fractional Sales Assistant?
Red flags include a lack of industry-specific experience, poor communication skills, vague or non-existent references, and an inability to provide concrete examples of past sales successes.
How do Fractional Sales Assistant typically charge for their services?
Fractional Sales Assistants usually charge either a retainer fee for ongoing support or on a per-project basis, depending on the client's needs and the complexity of the tasks.