A Fractional Sales Director is a part-time expert who helps companies grow by designing sales strategies, training teams, and setting goals. They work with different businesses, sharing their deep knowledge to improve sales without being a full-time employee. This allows companies to benefit from top skills at a lower cost.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This fractional sales director job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Fractional Sales Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a Fractional Sales Director to guide our sales team with expertise and passion. You'll shape strategies, uplift our sales efforts, and contribute to our company's growth. If you're a leader eager to make a big impact in a flexible role, we're excited to connect with you.
- Lead the sales team and help them meet their goals.
- Make plans to help the company sell more.
- Work with other teams like marketing and product development.
- Find and talk to new potential customers.
- Keep good relationships with current customers.
- Understand customer needs and how our products can help.
- Teach the sales team how to sell better.
- Look at sales data and figure out what it means.
- Find ways to make the sales process better.
- Report to higher management about sales performance.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in sales management or as a high-level sales director.
- Strong understanding of how to manage sales pipelines and forecasts.
- Ability to design and implement strategic sales plans that expand the company's customer base.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Adept at negotiating business deals and capable of making sound decisions that benefit the company.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools and software.
- Capability to work on a flexible schedule and adapt to varying business needs.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze sales statistics and translate results into better solutions for profit.
- Experience in setting and managing budgets and financial plans.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies in sales and business development.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a fractional sales director to gauge these skills in candidates.
Fractional Sales Director Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for fractional sales director. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$100 – $200
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$3000 – $6000
|$5000 – $10000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Fractional Sales Manager Job Description
- Fractional BDM Job Description
- Fractional BDR Manager Job Description
What does a Fractional Sales Director do?
A Fractional Sales Director provides part-time strategic sales leadership to companies, optimizing sales processes, developing teams, and driving revenue growth without the commitment of a full-time position.
What is the difference between Sales Director and Fractional Sales Director?
A Sales Director is a full-time executive role, while a Fractional Sales Director provides strategic sales leadership part-time or on a contract basis to multiple companies simultaneously.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Fractional Sales Director?
When hiring a Fractional Sales Director, beware of unclear communication, lack of relevant industry experience, absence of proven results, and inflexible strategies that don’t align with your business goals.
How do Fractional Sales Director typically charge for their services?
Fractional Sales Directors typically charge either a retainer fee, a day rate, or project-based fees, offering flexibility to businesses seeking executive sales leadership without full-time commitment.