A Fractional Sales Manager is a part-time leader who helps companies grow by managing sales teams and strategies. They work for a few hours or days weekly, focusing on training salespeople, setting goals, and improving sales processes. This manager boosts sales without a full-time commitment, making it cost-effective for businesses.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This fractional sales manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Fractional Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a Fractional Sales Manager with a knack for boosting sales and guiding teams. Your expertise will help us grow while you enjoy flexible work hours. If leading sales strategies and fostering client relationships excite you, this role could be your next professional adventure.
- Help our team to sell products or services.
- Find new people or businesses to buy what we sell.
- Keep in touch with the people who already buy from us.
- Teach our sales team how to sell better.
- Plan how many sales we should try to make in a certain time.
- Check how the sales team is doing and help them improve.
- Work with other managers to make sure our customers are happy.
- Understand what our customers want and need.
- Figure out the best price to sell our products or services.
- Use computers and software to keep track of sales and customers.
- Go to meetings, workshops, and training to learn and teach more about selling.
- Follow the rules and laws about selling things.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in sales or sales management, with a track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Strong understanding of sales strategies, sales processes, and market dynamics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients and team members.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Experience with CRM tools and software to manage sales activities efficiently.
- Good organizational skills to balance multiple clients and projects simultaneously.
- Capability to analyze sales data and produce reports that lead to actionable insights.
- Flexibility to adapt to different industries and rapidly changing business environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address challenges creatively and effectively.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement in sales techniques and industry knowledge.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a fractional sales manager to gauge these skills in candidates.
Fractional Sales Manager Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for fractional sales manager. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $200
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$1,500 – $5,000
|$500 – $7,000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Fractional BDM Job Description
- Fractional BDR Manager Job Description
- Fractional SDR Job Description
What does a Fractional Sales Manager do?
A Fractional Sales Manager provides part-time sales leadership, strategizing and executing plans, training teams, and driving revenue growth for businesses not requiring a full-time manager.
What is the difference between Sales Manager and Fractional Sales Manager?
A Sales Manager is a full-time, dedicated role overseeing a company's sales operations, while a Fractional Sales Manager provides strategic sales leadership part-time, often to multiple businesses.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Fractional Sales Manager?
Red flags include lack of relevant industry experience, poor references, vague success metrics, inability to articulate a clear strategy, and a history of short, unproductive tenures with past clients.
How do Fractional Sales Manager typically charge for their services?
Fractional Sales Managers commonly charge through retainer fees, hourly rates, or a mix of base pay plus commission, aligning with client needs and project scope.