A freelance influencer marketer is a self-employed person who helps brands promote products by connecting them with social media influencers. They find the right influencers, plan marketing campaigns, and manage deals. Their work is flexible and involves lots of communication and creativity to reach the brand's audience effectively.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This freelance influencer marketer job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Freelance Influencer Marketer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative Freelance Influencer Marketer to help us grow our brand. Your role will involve crafting campaigns, connecting with audiences, and turning our products into household names. If you love social media and have a knack for engaging people, you might be just who we need.
- Find and research people who are popular on social media and can help promote our products.
- Create plans for how to advertise our products using social media influencers.
- Talk to influencers and build good relationships with them.
- Help influencers understand our products so they can tell their followers about them.
- Work with influencers to make posts that fit our brand and appeal to our customers.
- Keep track of how well the influencer promotions are doing and make reports on this.
- Stay up-to-date with social media trends and suggest new ideas for influencer marketing.
- Manage the budget for influencer marketing carefully and make sure we pay influencers on time.
- Answer any questions influencers might have about our products or marketing campaigns.
- Work with other marketing team members to make sure our influencer strategy works well with our other marketing plans.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience as an influencer marketer or in a similar role in marketing or social media.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, trends, and measuring tools.
- Ability to create engaging content that is shareable and promotes audience interaction.
- Excellent networking skills to collaborate with influencers and brands.
- Knowledge of online marketing channels and strategies.
- Good communication skills for pitching ideas, sharing insights, and providing feedback.
- Ability to analyze performance data and optimize strategies based on data insights.
- Self-motivated and organized to manage your own workload and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of FTC guidelines and advertising standards.
- Competence in English and the ability to craft clear, persuasive copy.
- Flexibility to adapt to new campaigns, concepts, and industries.
- Basic graphic design skills to create visually appealing content is a plus.
- Experience with influencer marketing platforms and tools is beneficial.
- Willingness to keep up-to-date with digital marketing trends and continuing education in the field.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a freelance influencer marketer to gauge these skills in candidates.
Freelance Influencer Marketer Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for freelance influencer marketer. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $200
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$500 – $5,000
|$1,000 – $10,000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Freelance CRO specialist Job Description
- Freelance Facebook ads specialist Job Description
- Freelance Google ads specialist Job Description
What does a Freelance Influencer Marketer do?
A Freelance Influencer Marketer strategizes and executes marketing campaigns using social media influencers to enhance brand visibility and drive targeted audience engagement for various clients.
What is the difference between Influencer Marketer and Freelance Influencer Marketer?
An Influencer Marketer is often employed by a company, while a Freelance Influencer Marketer operates as an independent entity, offering services to various clients on a project-by-project basis.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Freelance Influencer Marketer?
Be cautious of Freelance Influencer Marketers with unclear pricing, lack of previous campaign metrics, minimal platform presence, and testimonials that don't mention measurable outcomes or specific successes.
How do Freelance Influencer Marketer typically charge for their services?
Freelance influencer marketers often charge based on campaign scope, including fixed project fees, commissions on sales, hourly rates, or retainer agreements for ongoing services.