A Freelance Marketing Account Manager is a self-employed person who helps businesses promote their products. They work with clients to understand their needs, plan advertising strategies, and make sure campaigns run smoothly. They're like project leaders for marketing, ensuring the client's message reaches the right people effectively.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This freelance marketing account manager job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Freelance Marketing Account Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Freelance Marketing Account Manager to oversee client relationships and guide marketing strategies. Your expertise will help shape successful campaigns and foster strong partnerships. If you have a passion for marketing and thrive in dynamic environments, we want to hear about your approach.
- Help clients understand their marketing needs.
- Create marketing plans to reach client goals.
- Work with teams to make marketing materials.
- Keep track of marketing projects and deadlines.
- Talk regularly with clients to update them.
- Look at marketing results and share them with clients.
- Find ways to make marketing better.
- Handle budgets for marketing activities.
- Build and keep good relationships with clients.
- Solve problems that come up with marketing projects.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in marketing or account management.
- Strong understanding of marketing strategies and practices.
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools and platforms.
- Good organizational and time-management abilities.
- Capability to work independently and make decisions.
- Experience with data analysis and performance metrics.
- Basic design skills to create marketing materials.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in client-facing roles and customer service.
- Ability to work remotely and coordinate with virtual teams.
- Knowledge of social media management and analytics.
- Flexibility to adapt to new tools and software.
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Willingness to stay updated with the latest marketing trends and techniques.
- Capacity to provide regular updates and reports to clients.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a freelance marketing account manager to gauge these skills in candidates.
Freelance Marketing Account Manager Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for freelance marketing account manager. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $150
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$2000 – $5000
|$1000 – $7500
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Freelance Marketing Account Executive Job Description
- Freelance Marketer Job Description
- Freelance Logo Design Job Description
What does a Freelance Marketing Account Manager do?
A Freelance Marketing Account Manager oversees client portfolios, strategizes marketing initiatives, coordinates with creative teams, and ensures campaigns align with clients' goals to drive brand growth and engagement.
What is the difference between Marketing Account Manager and Freelance Marketing Account Manager?
A Marketing Account Manager is typically employed by a firm, whereas a Freelance Marketing Account Manager runs their own business, offering services to various clients on a contract basis.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Freelance Marketing Account Manager?
Beware of vague portfolios, reluctance to provide references, poor communication skills, a history of missed deadlines, and a lack of understanding of your business niche.
How do Freelance Marketing Account Manager typically charge for their services?
Freelance Marketing Account Managers typically charge either a flat fee per project, an hourly rate, or a monthly retainer, depending on the scope and duration of the services required.