A Freelance Marketing Analyst studies market trends and consumer behavior to help businesses sell their products better. They work independently, gathering data, making reports, and giving advice on how to improve sales. Their job is to understand what people want and how companies can meet those needs.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This freelance marketing analyst job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Freelance Marketing Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a Freelance Marketing Analyst to help us understand market trends and customer preferences. Your insights will guide our strategies and improve our products. If you enjoy analyzing data and turning it into actionable advice, we'd be excited to learn about your approach.
- Look at market data and find trends and patterns.
- Write reports on market research with clear findings.
- Help make marketing plans based on your research.
- Check how well marketing campaigns are working.
- Give ideas to improve marketing efforts.
- Use tools to analyze data from the internet and social media.
- Keep track of competitors and what they are doing.
- Work with teams to understand project goals.
- Explain your findings and suggestions to team members and clients.
- Stay up-to-date with market trends and new analysis tools.
Requirements and Skills
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Proven experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data to recognize patterns and provide actionable insights.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software and Excel.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Google Analytics).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with SEO/SEM and digital marketing metrics.
- Good understanding of social media analytics and metrics.
- Flexibility to adapt to new tools and software.
- Ability to create clear reports and presentations.
- Basic graphic design skills for creating marketing materials are a plus.
- Time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Willingness to learn and stay updated with industry trends and developments.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a freelance marketing analyst to gauge these skills in candidates.
Freelance Marketing Analyst Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for freelance marketing analyst. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $150
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$2000 – $5000
|$500 – $5000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Freelance Amazon Expert Job Description
- Freelance PR Consultant Job Description
- Freelance Media Consultant Job Description
What does a Freelance Marketing Analyst do?
A freelance marketing analyst examines market data to identify trends, develops marketing strategies, and provides insights to optimize campaigns and increase a company's ROI.
What is the difference between Marketing Analyst and Freelance Marketing Analyst?
A Marketing Analyst is typically employed in-house, whereas a Freelance Marketing Analyst is self-employed, offering services to various clients on a project or contract basis.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Freelance Marketing Analyst?
When hiring a Freelance Marketing Analyst, beware of vague reporting skills, reluctance to provide references or work samples, poor communication, and a lack of understanding of your industry or market.
How do Freelance Marketing Analyst typically charge for their services?
Freelance Marketing Analysts typically charge by project, hourly rates, or retainer, with fees varying based on complexity, scope, experience, and market demand for their expertise.