A freelance marketing consultant is a self-employed expert who helps businesses grow by creating marketing plans, advising on strategies, and sometimes executing campaigns. They work independently, offering their skills to various clients. Their role involves understanding market trends, analyzing data, and providing tailored marketing solutions to meet client goals.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This freelance marketing consultant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Freelance Marketing Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a Freelance Marketing Consultant who can help us connect with our customers in creative ways. If you have a passion for crafting impactful marketing strategies and love to see your ideas come to life, we would like to hear about your approach and experience.
- Study the company’s products or services to know them well.
- Create plans to promote the company’s products or services.
- Find out who might want to buy the products or services.
- Think of ways to reach these potential customers.
- Set goals for how much the company should sell.
- Decide on the best prices for the products or services.
- Talk to the company often to share ideas and updates.
- Write messages to advertise the products or services.
- Use the internet, social media, or other ways to advertise.
- Look at what competitors are doing and think of better strategies.
- Keep track of what works well and what doesn’t in the marketing plan.
- Give advice on how to improve the products or services.
- Stay updated on new marketing tools and trends.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in marketing, with a portfolio of successful campaigns.
- Strong understanding of current marketing tools and strategies.
- Ability to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from concept to execution.
- Expertise in market research and statistical analysis.
- Excellent skills in communication and presentation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind.
- Good understanding of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics).
- Experience with content creation, including text, image, and video content.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM).
- Ability to provide creative direction and feedback.
- Proficient in the use of social media for business.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a freelance marketing consultant to gauge these skills in candidates.
Freelance Marketing Consultant Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for freelance marketing consultant. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $200
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$1,500 – $5,000
|$500 – $10,000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Freelance Marketing Account Manager Job Description
- Freelance Marketing Account Executive Job Description
- Freelance Marketer Job Description
What does a Freelance Marketing Consultant do?
A Freelance Marketing Consultant analyzes businesses, crafts strategies to enhance their market presence, and provides guidance to implement effective marketing initiatives for growth and increased revenue.
What is the difference between Marketing Consultant and Freelance Marketing Consultant?
A Marketing Consultant is typically affiliated with a firm, while a Freelance Marketing Consultant operates independently, offering flexibility and tailored services to various clients on a project basis.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Freelance Marketing Consultant?
When hiring a freelance marketing consultant, beware of vague strategies, lack of relevant experience, no portfolio or references, overpromising results, and poor communication skills.
How do Freelance Marketing Consultant typically charge for their services?
Freelance Marketing Consultants typically charge based on project scope, retainer agreements, hourly rates, or performance outcomes, tailoring their fees to the client's specific needs and budget.