A Freelance Media Consultant helps businesses promote themselves using media like TV, online, and print. They plan strategies, create content, and advise on how to reach more people. They work independently, not for one company, and their job is to make sure a business’s message gets seen and heard.
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
This freelance media consultant job description template is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
Freelance Media Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a Freelance Media Consultant to help shape and share our story. If you have a passion for crafting messages and a knack for media strategy, your skills could be the perfect match. Join us to elevate our brand and make a real impact.
- Study the company's media needs and suggest ways to improve.
- Create plans to use social media, newspapers, radio, and other platforms to advertise our products or services.
- Write and edit press releases, social media posts, and other marketing materials.
- Build good relationships with journalists, bloggers, and other people who can talk about our company.
- Keep track of how well our advertisements and media campaigns are doing, and give us reports.
- Stay updated on trends in media and marketing to make sure our methods are current.
- Help with organizing events or product launches that can get media attention.
- Train our team on the best ways to communicate with the media and the public.
- Answer any media questions and share important news about our company.
- Work with different teams, like marketing and sales, to make sure our media strategy fits with our overall goals.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience in media consulting, communications, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of different media platforms, including social media, print, broadcast, and digital.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrable ability to create engaging content tailored to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in using media analytics tools to track campaign performance and generate reports.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of current media trends and consumer behaviors.
- Strong networking skills to build relationships with media outlets and potential clients.
- Competence in using basic graphic design tools and video editing software for content creation.
- Adept at problem-solving and providing creative solutions to meet clients' needs.
- Flexibility to adapt strategies according to evolving market conditions and client feedback.
Check out our list of interview questions to ask a freelance media consultant to gauge these skills in candidates.
Freelance Media Consultant Rates
Below is a general overview of the typical rates for freelance media consultant. The actual rates may vary based on the experience, the complexity of the project, and other factors.
|$50 – $200
|Fixed Monthly Fee
|$1,500 – $5,000
|$500 – $10,000
Explore Other Job Description Templates
- Freelance Marketing Manager Job Description
- Freelance Marketing Executive Job Description
- Freelance Marketing Consultant Job Description
What does a Freelance Media Consultant do?
A Freelance Media Consultant advises clients on media strategy, manages campaigns, optimizes brand presence, and analyzes performance across various platforms to maximize outreach and engagement.
What is the difference between Media Consultant and Freelance Media Consultant?
A Media Consultant is often employed by a firm, providing strategic advice to clients, whereas a Freelance Media Consultant operates independently, offering flexible, project-based media expertise.
What are some red flags to watch out for when hiring a Freelance Media Consultant?
When hiring a Freelance Media Consultant, beware of vague strategies, a lack of references or portfolio, poor communication skills, and unrealistic promises about quick results or extremely low costs.
How do Freelance Media Consultant typically charge for their services?
Freelance Media Consultants usually charge either a per-project fee, an hourly rate, or a retainer for ongoing services, depending on the project's complexity and duration.