As any small business owner knows, time is money and hours are priceless.
This is why the promise of marketing automation is so tempting: if you can let a computer take responsibility for simple yet time-intensive tasks, you and your team have that much more time to work on other facets of your operation.
The following companies offer their own unique selling points, but they all share one thing in common: a fastidious, high-quality approach to this type of marketing.
Don't want to commit to an agency? Check out our list of the best places to find freelance marketers >>
Best for Growth Marketers Best for Paid Ads & CMO's Best for eCommerce Marketing
Best for Growth Marketers
Best for Paid Ads & CMO's
Best for eCommerce Marketing
Table of Contents
- Best Marketing Automation Services
- 1. Ironpaper
- 2. Walker Sands
- 3. Shift Paradigm
- 4. New Breed
- 5. WebFX
- Types of Digital Marketing Agencies
- What Is a Marketing Automation Agency?
- What Does a Marketing Automation Agency Do?
- How Much Does a Marketing Automation Agency Charge?
- How To Choose The Right Marketing Automation Agency
Best Marketing Automation Services
We wanted to find the best marketing automation agencies out there, so we scoured the internet, read reviews, and dug into company profiles to ultimately create the following list of our top choices.
Best for companies that want to take a data-centric approach to grow their digital footprint and cultivate their customer base.
Among digital marketing agencies that specialize in automation, Ironpaper stands out for its three key metrics: increase qualified leads, improve conversion rates, and generate opportunities. These three quantifiable goals are the engine that drives this train of specialists to make your company successful in the digital marketing battleground.
Their automation program is no exception to their mission of building up your business and making the most of your leads and audience. To showcase this, they’ll design your marketing automation setup in such a way that you’ll have unparalleled insight into your campaign, allowing you to see in stark clarity what’s working, what isn’t, and how your recipients are engaging with the content you’re sending them. Using this data, you can further tailor your digital strategy to answer the needs of your customers and make your campaign that much more effective.
This strategy is wide-reaching. You won’t only gain back time with the automated processes; you’ll also enjoy improved insights on everything from lead generation and content strategy to call tracking and segmentation. Because this data is so powerful when it comes to fine-tuning your business, the work Ironpaper does on the automation and analytical side can have you quickly growing your business far faster than you may have planned. Intrigued? Give them a call.
- Specialized B2B marketing expertise
- Data-centric approach for measurable outcomes
- Comprehensive suite of services including content and lead generation
- Integration of marketing with sales strategies
- Proficiency in various digital marketing tools and platforms
- Less suitable for direct-to-consumer businesses
- Potentially overwhelming for small businesses or startups
- Digital marketing for B2B companies
- Account-based marketing
- Demand generation
- Value propositions
- Conversion strategy & optimization
- Content and messaging
- Marketing-to-sales alignment
- Lead generation
- Email, SEO, and social
- Websites & microsites
- Reporting, attribution, and analytics
- Shell Catalysts & Technologies
- PCS Software
Best for B2B companies looking to work with a highly focused, experienced agency that specializes in marketing automation.
Walker Sands is the rare agency that has been cultivating its digital ecosystem longer than some young upstart marketers have been alive. Founded in 2001, the company has become renowned for offering start-to-finish automation management for B2B companies no matter how complex or ambitious their plans are.
Unlike many similar agencies, Walker Sands is notable for embracing integrated marketing across multiple channels and providers. That's an important trait, because it means they aren’t tied to any specific software provider and thus aren’t forced to narrow their focus or approach. By being able to understand and exploit the capabilities of various channels and providers, they can help you craft creative and ambitious plans to suit your business rather than force you to conform to the platform they work with.
Perhaps our favorite aspect of Walker Sands is the scope of the support they offer. This is not a business that simply sets up your automation software and sends you an invoice. They want to work with you through every step of the process so that you get the most from your relationship with their team. Their marketing automation support extends to strategy, engineering, data analytics, campaign development and execution, design, configuration, and procurement.
With over two decades of success under their belt, it’s clear Warner Sands knows their stuff when it comes to automating business processes to make your life easier. Give them a call today and see why they have become such a favorite in this space.
- Long-standing experience since 2001 in marketing automation
- Expertise in integrated marketing across multiple channels
- Comprehensive support including strategy, engineering, and analytics
- Flexibility in working with various software providers
- Extensive service offerings from website design to digital marketing analytics
- May be too complex for smaller businesses
- Could be more expensive due to their extensive experience and range of services
- Website design
- Site performances
- Account-Based Marketing
- Paid Digital Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Digital Marketing Analytics
- Marketing Strategy and Roadmap
- Marketing Planning
- Buyer Journey Analysis
- Product and Brand Launch Strategy
- Landing AI
- Oak St. Health
Shift Paradigm, the consultancy group that’s and amalgamation of Trendline Interactive and LeadMD, is a great marketing automation agency for companies looking to implement or migrate to Marketo.
The friendly team is comprised of highly skilled, knowledgeable marketing professionals who have a deep understanding of implementation and migration, especially for companies migrating from HubSpot to Marketo.
Their flexibility is another huge selling point. The team is talented at working with you when you need them and is patient while helping you remain focused. They’re also informative with clients, remaining proactive and communicative along each step.
- Specialized in Marketo implementation and migration
- Team of highly skilled, knowledgeable marketing professionals
- Flexible and client-focused approach
- Comprehensive services including data and technology strategy
- Experience with notable clients like Airbnb and Under Armour
- Focus on Marketo might limit options for businesses using other platforms
- Might be more suited for larger companies rather than small businesses
- Data Strategy
- Technology Strategy
- Data Visualization & Analytics
- Technology Selection
- System Implementation
- System Integration
- System Administration
- CDP Selection
- Organizational Design
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Revenue Process & Workflow Design
- Business Process Design
- Revenue Performance Management
- Marketing Planning Process
- Implementation & Operations
- Platform Migration & Implementation
- Compliance & Governance
- MarTech Optimization
- Program Development & Automation
- Staff Augmentation
- Under Armour
- Envestnet Yodlee
A great option for companies using HubSpot
New Breed is another solid choice for marketing automation. In fact, they’ve won HubSpot’s North American Partner of the Year recognition for three years in a row.
New Breed’s approach centers around building a marketing automation process for brands from the ground up. This includes sales-ready website development and strategies for navigating big platform changes like implementation, integration, and migration.
New Breed has an impressive comprehension of lifecycle marketing and is passionate about sharing this expertise with clients in a way that is transparent and educational. They will create a winning strategy and collaborate with clients on training to make implementation across the company easy and effective.
- Recognized expertise with three-time HubSpot Partner of the Year award
- Specializes in building marketing automation from the ground up
- Strong focus on lifecycle marketing
- Transparent and educational approach with clients
- Offers custom integrations and applications
- Mainly focused on HubSpot, which might not suit all businesses
- Services might be more tailored to larger enterprises
- Custom integrations
- Custom applications
- Service hub implementation
- Revenue operations
- Cloud Factory
- Domino Data Lab
For eCommerce businesses, WebFX offers tailored automated solutions to drive revenue.
Whether you need help with lead generation, driving traffic, or data disconnect, WebFX can create automated solutions that help your eCommerce business save time and reduce repetitive tasks so you can focus on your business.
Their team is adaptable and proactive, responding to client concerns within hours and finding solutions to problems before they even arise.
Clients love their attention to detail and responsiveness, saying they take the time to understand how each company works and integrate seamlessly into their processes.
- Tailored automated solutions for eCommerce businesses
- Quick response time and proactive problem-solving
- Attention to detail and integration into client processes
- Wide range of services including SEO, PPC, and web development
- Experience with diverse industries and clients
- May not be the best fit for non-eCommerce businesses
- Some businesses might find their extensive services more than needed
- Lead and company tracking
- Prospect alerts and lead scoring
- Review management system setup and alerting
- Email drip campaign setups
- Custom dashboards and reporting
- Social media marketing
- Web design and development
- Kent County Tourism Corporation
- Resource Furniture
- Area Flooring & Title Inc.
Types of Digital Marketing Agencies
What Is a Marketing Automation Agency?
A marketing automation agency employs specialists who can implement and monitor automated programs that shift responsibility for time-consuming repetitive tasks from people to computers.
An easy, highly familiar example of this technology is automated phone systems. How many businesses let you talk with a customer service rep right off the bat? Hardly any that are bigger than a mom-and-pop operation. They instead route you through an automated system that can answer simple questions, provide basic information, and route you to the right department.
Many agencies may bundle their automation marketing programs with other digital solutions as well, as automation has become a core piece of any modern marketing plan. For our part, we’ve tried to highlight agencies where automation marketing is their core business, but many of these top-rated firms also offer many other services you can take advantage of.
What Does a Marketing Automation Agency Do?
In a nutshell, they automate certain key marketing strategies that help streamline your business and save you precious manhours. The classic example is online messaging: rather than have someone at the ready to respond to any and all queries, an automated chatbot can determine what people are asking about, collect contact information, and flag down the right team member to take over the conversation. Such a solution provides immediate answers to a customer and saves companies time and money.
Implementing a project of this scale yourself would require serious technical skills, and if you’d rather not be up into the wee hours of the night studying backend website code, hire a provider that lives and breathes this stuff. Automation specialists will not only know how to incorporate automated processes into your existing business – they’ll also help you strategize just how to use and exploit these tools for maximum effect.
How Much Does a Marketing Automation Agency Charge?
That’s hard to say. Chances are that any marketing automation provider you’re considering would prefer to push you toward scheduling a free consultation rather than tell you any pricing information upfront. That’s not them being sneaky – it’s just due to how custom the work can be.
Depending on factors like project scope, agency service packages, and inevitable negotiations, there really is no one-size-fits-all price tag for marketing automation services. You might pay $1,000 a month for some base-level automation work or be writing checks for $10,000 a month or more to completely overhaul and automate your marketing strategy. Because rates can fluctuate so significantly from provider to provider and project to project, we encourage you to do your homework and ask the hard questions on exploratory calls.
How To Choose The Right Marketing Automation Agency
- Identify Your Marketing Goals: Understand what you want to achieve through marketing automation. Are you looking to improve lead generation, increase sales conversions, enhance customer retention, or simply streamline your marketing processes? Having clear objectives will help you determine the type of services you need.
- Define Your Budget: Knowing how much you're willing to spend will help narrow down your options. Prices for marketing automation agencies can vary greatly depending on the services they provide and their level of expertise. Make sure you understand what is included in the fee and any additional costs that may be incurred.
- Evaluate Your Internal Resources: Determine what tasks your internal team can handle and where you need outside expertise. This will help you identify the skills and services you need from an agency.
- Research Potential Agencies: Start by compiling a list of potential agencies. Look for those that specialize in marketing automation. Use various sources such as online reviews, recommendations from business associates, and client testimonials to gather information about each agency.
- Evaluate Their Expertise: Look at each agency's track record, the clients they've worked with, and the results they've achieved. You should also consider their expertise with your industry and the marketing automation tools they use. Are they certified partners with major platforms like HubSpot, Marketo, or Pardot?
- Consider Their Approach: Does the agency take a one-size-fits-all approach, or do they customize their strategies based on each client’s unique needs? The latter is generally more effective, as it considers your specific marketing objectives and target audience.
- Schedule Consultations: Reach out to your shortlisted agencies to discuss your needs and objectives. This is a good opportunity to assess their communication skills, responsiveness, and understanding of your needs.
- Request a Proposal: Ask each shortlisted agency for a proposal that includes their recommended strategies, the services they will provide, the expected outcomes, and the costs.
- Compare and Decide: Evaluate each proposal, considering not only the cost but also the strategies recommended, the agency's expertise, their communication style, and their fit with your company's culture and values.
- Review the Contract: Before finalizing, ensure you understand all the terms and conditions in the contract. Look for any hidden fees, commitments, and what happens if either party decides to end the relationship early.
Is it worth it to hire a marketing automation agency?
Generally, yes. Marketing has greatly changed over time and these agencies can apply their know-how to quickly and easily implement automated technologies that will streamline your online marketing management plan. Hiring a specialist is the only way to avoid spending countless hours trying to learn the requisite technical skills necessary to successfully implement online automation techniques.
How do I choose a marketing automation agency?
Start with a list like the one above, then determine what your needs and budget are. If you only want some light automation work done, consider an independent freelancer. Looking for a bit more support, such as analytics and a robust, multi-channel automation campaign? Consider a traditional agency or a firm that contracts out vetted freelancers, as these businesses are best equipped to take on more serious projects.
Which marketing agency automation is best for small businesses?
For small businesses, we’d recommend starting with Shift Paradigm.
What are some examples of marketing automation?
Some examples of marketing automation include email marketing, personalized advertising, automated SMS marketing, lead generation and nurturing, and audience segmentation.