General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Don’t Do It Yourself needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Don’t Do It Yourself permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Don’t Do It Yourself legitimate interests
- Don’t Do It Yourself needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Don’t Do It Yourself follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Don’t Do It Yourself uses ‘cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookie
If you supply your email address, we will send you emails from time to time with tips, tools, and recommendations on service providers. You can unsubscribe at any time through a link at the bottom of each email.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following information from you when you use the services on our Site:
- The Personal Information that You Provide. We collect Personal Information from you when you subscribe to our email list and/or access guides, tools, and PDFs.
- Analytical Information. We use automated methods to collect and aggregate information regarding general use of the Site. This is collected and stored in the form of user analytics, and is used to help us improve user experience and the relevance of content that we provide and deliver. This analytical information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your IP address and the type of browser and operating system used.
- The date and time you accessed the Site and the pages you visited.
- Whether or not you linked from or to another website.
- Whether or not you open any email from ddiy.co, and if so, the links that you click within the email.
- Your ISP or mobile carrier, and the type of handheld or mobile device that you used.
- Cookies, Local Shared Objects, Web Beacons and other Data Technologies. DDIY.co automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small identifiers sent from a web server and stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser and/or storing information or settings in your browser.
- Local Shared Objects. Local shared objects are used to store your preferences or display content based on what you have viewed on other websites. They are sometimes known as “Flash Cookies”, and are used to personalize your viewing experience.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons link web pages to web servers and their cookies.
- Data Technologies. Any other technology that may be developed to track and analyze online browsing patterns and provide more customized browsing experiences on DDIY.co.
- Publicly Posted Information. DDIY.co may collect information that you make available to us and others via social media networks, forums, blogs, list serves, chat rooms or similar functionality. This information is public information that we or others may share or use in accordance with the law.
- Combined Information and Information from Other Sources. We may combine Personal Information that you provide to us with information we receive from our affiliates and other sources, as well as with other information that is automatically collected. The combined information may include information about vehicle history, your interests and activities, additional demographic data, your use of the Site, your use of other websites, devices and mobile applications and information from our affiliates and other sources, and may be used to verify the accuracy of the data that you submit and/or provide us and our partners with additional insight about your preferences and the nature of your online request.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
DDIY.co may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Provide You with the Products or Services You Requested. We may share the Personal Information that you provide to our partners and their representatives and/or affiliates so that they can follow up with you about the nature of your request. We do this in return for compensation or otherwise. These partners may also follow up with a phone call and/or email communication to request and/or share additional information about your request. These entities may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about your request in accordance to their respective privacy policies.
- For Everyday Business. DDIY.co and/or the entities with whom we share your information may contact you for everyday business purposes, include providing you with information about similar products or offers to the one that you inquired about, as well as managing your user account (if any), diagnosing technical issues, improving financial performance, improving user experience and evaluating our business.
- In Response to Legal Action. DDIY.co will share your Personal Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- To Prevent Fraud or Illegal Action. DDIY.co will share your Personal Information when we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of DDIY.co’s Terms or Use, or as otherwise required by law.
Outside of these circumstances listed above, we do not sell or otherwise share your Personal Information.
Transferability Notice. By providing us with your Personal Information, you expressly consent to the onward transfer of this Personal Information to the parties with whom we share it and understand that your Personal Information will be used in accordance to the terms of the Privacy Policies of the entities with whom we transfer the Personal Information.
If a person or entity bought DDIY.co or the Site or if DDIY.co is merged with another company or entity, DDIY.co will transfer your Personal Information to the entity who either acquired or merged with DDIY.co so that this party could carry on DDIY.co business functions.
Your use of this Site establishes a business or other applicable relationship with us for purposes of CAN-SPAM, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and all other applicable law that addresses unsolicited commercial communications.
If you wish us to learn more about the data that we collect, opt-out from communications and/or refrain from providing your Personal Information in this manner, please see the opt-out information and contact information provided below.
You might be able to exercise choices regarding such companies using third-party tools. Information about those third-party tools is available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Additionally, most web browsers include a “do not track” setting. There is a lack of certainty among companies on the web about the impact of the setting on the information collected. If you enable that setting, it will not change what information is exchanged with your computer, or how that information is used, when you visit our website(s).
DDIY.co uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical security measures designed to safeguard information about you in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee perfect security of networks, servers and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Data Rights
You have the following rights as related to how we collect and store your Personal Information:
- Right to Request Information Collected and Shared. You have a right to request disclosure of the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Request Information Sold. You have a right to request disclosure of an itemized list of the categories of Personal Information that we have collected about you, sold about you (including the categories of the third parties to whom the information was sold) or disclosed about you for a business purpose. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Delete. You have a right to request us to delete the Personal Information we have collected about you. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Communications. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of receiving communications from us. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold. You have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information by us to a third party. Please see below for the methods for submitting such a request.
- Right to Non Discrimination Related to Exercising Your Rights. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise any of these rights.
Methods to Submit a Request:
- Via Email: To exercise any of the aforementioned data rights, please email us at: support AT DDIY.co subject line “DDIY – Right to Request”. In the body of your email, please clearly state the right you would like to exercise (e.g. Right to Request Information Collected and Shared, Right to Request Information Sold, Right to Delete, Right to Opt Out from Communications and/or Right to Opt Out from Information Being Sold.”
DDIY.co will comply with such requests as soon as is commercially practicable. This compliance may involve batch processing and other processes that may take ten (10) days or longer to process.
NOTE: On a case by case basis and in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act and any other state or federal statutes governing the collection and storage of Personal Information, we may continue to keep your Personal Information and any related information to the extent necessary to respond to any request involving your data rights above and/or respond to any governmental or legal proceedings.
Opt-Out Rescission. If you opt out per the process set forth above, but then either (a) provide your Personal Information to us again using the Site, (b) provide your Personal Information to us again using a related site owned by a DDIY.co affiliate or parent or (c) under other circumstances permit us to use your Personal Information, then we will regard your opt-out as rescinded.
Special Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed certain information about you to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about DDIY.co’s privacy practices may contact us at support AT DDIY.co subject line “DDIY – CA Privacy Disclosures”.
Online Tracking Policy for California Residents: As of the effective date of this Privacy Statement, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers, therefore we do not respond to them.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy when using this site, please contact us by e-mail at: support AT DDIY.co.