ManyPixels is a great option for businesses in need of graphic design services, but don’t want to deal with the overhead of an in-house graphic designer. In fact, this need is why many unlimited graphic design services are popping up. But how is ManyPixels different, and would their service work for you? I’m going to lay out the facts and let you decide for yourself.
We offer this website completely free to our visitors. To help pay the bills, we’ll often (but not always) set up affiliate relationships with the top providers after selecting our favorites. However, we do our best not to let this impact our choices. There are plenty of high-paying companies we’ve turned down because we didn’t like their product.
An added benefit of our relationships is that we always try to negotiate exclusive discounts for our visitors.
Many Pixels Overview
When you start with ManyPixels and submit your first request, they match you with a graphic designer. That graphic designer then works on your request and delivers your first draft in 1-2 business days. All of this is for a flat fee starting at $549/month, no contract.
How does ManyPixel's unlimited graphic design work?
Under their Pricing Plan, you can submit as many requests and revisions for all of your projects at no extra cost. (view ManyPixels full pricing details)
One drawback is that with the base plan, you get one Daily Output of work per day. ManyPixels describes a Daily Output as a significant update on one request (1 logo, 2-3 social media graphics, 1 web page) and one small revision on another request. If you want to get more done on a daily basis you need to upgrade to their Business plan ($899/mo).
Who is the ManyPixels business model good for?
- Start-ups who need help with email marketing, branding, social media graphics
- Bloggers/ podcasts hosts who need icons for their channel
- Marketing/ creative agencies who need event graphics, email campaign designs or T-shirts
- Corporations in need of business reports, ecommerce graphics & infographic illustrations
ManyPixels designers will work on a range of projects including:
- Social Media Graphics
- Website and mobile app design
- Landing Pages
- Business Reports
- Infographics Illustrations
- Icons Podcast Graphics
- Event Graphics
- Ecommerce Graphics
- Logos & Branding
- 2-3 sec GIFs
How Many Daily Designs will I get from ManyPixels?
Designs vary in complexity and so measuring output is somewhat subjective. However, Many Pixels is one of the most productive design companies we've evaluated. Here is their rough estimate of what you can expect to receive from a single designer on a daily basis, i.e. the daily output:
- 2-3 social media graphics
- or 1-2 custom illustrations (more if they are not too complex)
- or 2-3 display ads
- or 4-5 pages of a brochure, e-book, report or slide deck
- or 1 GIF (2-3 sec)
- or 1-2 flyers
- or 1 logo
- or the first draft of a landing page
If you would like to receive more, you can always add more designer(s) to your account.
Who uses ManyPixels?
ManyPixels is used by over 1,300 customers with over 10,000 requests completed by their full time designers.
Some of these customers include but companies like Beam, Decathlon, and Gartner.
ManyPixels is a great service, especially if you are a start up in need of graphic design help. Even if your need fluctuates, the price stays the same so you know what to expect every month. This saves you the responsibility of hiring a full time graphic designer.
I highly recommend testing them out for a week or so. Even though they don’t have an official free trial, you will get your money back within those 14 days if you are not satisfied. They are lauded for their honest 14 day money back guarantee.
Pros: Here’s what I like about ManyPixels
- They are one of the few providers to offer website and mobile design. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality UI (user interface) designs they created during our tests.
- High-quality design work. One of the best results we've tested.
- Very easy to use and intuitive interface for managing tasks. You can drag and drop to re-prioritize and it's easy to communicate with your designer to leave feedback.
- It's easy to share your designs with others to get feedback. You can just copy/paste the link. This was one of our favorite features as some providers make it rather difficult to download and share designs, especially webpage designs where the file size can be rather large.
- It's straightforward to access design history and get previous versions of a design as well as source files.
- Submit as many concepts as you want per month.
- If desired, you can create brand profiles so designers can easily see your brand guidelines.
- Simple budgeting by having one flat monthly fee.
- 14- day money back guarantee.
- Plans are scalable: you could have 1 or 10 professional graphic designers assigned to your account.
- Direct communication with the CEO Quentin Gilon.
Cons: Here are the only things I don’t like about ManyPixels
- If you don’t consistently need design work, you may not get the full value every month. ManyPixels is worth it if you average at least 8-10 hours per month in design work.
- Some designers work in a different time zone than the U.S. so requests might be completed overnight (typical for unlimited graphic design providers).
- Custom illustration takes longer than the typical graphic design requests which is to be expected. However, they are one of the few providers to actually do true custom illustration (most illustrators start with pre-built components which is why you keep seeing the same style illustrations across the web).
ManyPixels Promo Code – 30% off Coupon
So are you ready to try ManyPixels? Use this exclusive coupon to get a discount.
Where do I enter the ManyPixels promo code?
Pick a plan on their pricing page and click “Start Trial,” then once you sign up they have an “Enter coupon” option. You can paste “DDIY30” there.
Alternatives to ManyPixels
If you’re looking for more options, we've reviewed the top alternatives to ManyPixels:
- Kimp – Read our review + promo code
- Penji – Read our review + promo code
- Design Pickle – Read our review
- Kapa99 – Read our review
- DotYeti – Read our review
- Graphically – Read our review
Also check out our Unlimited Graphic Design Services Comparison which breaks down each of these providers and our top 2 picks.
Trying out each of these platforms is your best bet to finding which works best for you. You are still saving hundreds if not thousands by going through these online services depending on your project needs.
In 2018 graphic designers made on average $50,000/year. That's over $4,000/mo. out of your pocket. So take a chance and try these platforms out. Most of their basic plans average about $400/mo. That’s just good business.