Mushfiq Sarker is at it again with an online course designed to teach niche site owners how to maximize profit on their sites.
The newest course from the site-flipping expert is “Newsletters for Niche Sites“, a class comprised of video modules that teach students how to create, manage, and optimize a profitable newsletter email for their business.
I’ll cut to the chase: I like the class.
Course Instructor- Who Is Mushfiq?
Mushfiq Sarker, owner and founder of the site thewebsiteflip.com, has years of education and experience in the world of electrical and computer engineering and is widely regarded as one of the most successful website flippers.
Some career highlights:
- An average of 10-15 website flips per year
- Over 215 website flips since 2008
- Has been featured on sites like Flippa, Empire Flippers, Niche Pursuits, and more
- Has experience as a buyer, seller, and broker
- Built his first website while in college and sold it at age 20 after two years for $25k
- Offers multiple courses on how to make niche sites as successful as possible
- Earns an annual six figures on his newsletter
Who Is This Course For?
This course is created for niche site owners, content marketers, and site flippers of all varieties who want to increase engagement with their audience while making a little extra money.
Newsletters for Niche Sites Course Review
My favorite thing about Mishfiq’s courses is always how thoroughly he explains the “why” behind his methodology.
He opens with real-world examples of actual, successful newsletters and explains what they’re doing right and why a high-quality newsletter is beneficial to niche site owners and their target audience.
Mushfiq even gives us the steps that he took to create his own successful newsletter, which really establishes his credibility and expertise on the matter. It makes me (and other students) more likely to trust that he knows what he’s talking about. It lays it all out for you as an inside look into the real-world application of what he’s teaching you about in the course.
This real-world example is why my favorite sections were Mushfiq’s breakdown of how to set up newsletter templates and email sign-up CTAs. I had never considered setting up the newsletter design in WordPress and then exporting it, but the way Mushfiq explains it, it makes sense.
Since he does go so in-depth in the Newsletter Glue review showing us not only the tools he uses to do this but how he uses them, I feel like I have to try his method out for myself.
Pros: Here’s what I like about Newsletters for Niche Sites Course
The most valuable thing I took away from the course was Mushfiq’s personal insights and experiences with running his own newsletters and his personal opinions on them. Not only did he cover the “how,” but he also gave us the “why.”
- My favorite lessons were Mushfiq's explanations on setting up email sign-up CTAs and setting up newsletter templates. Seeing the section-by-section layout and explanation of “why” to do things was insightful.
- I liked the real-world examples and breakdowns of several popular newsletters, including Mushfiq's own newsletter, and why he made various decisions.
- It was interesting to hear Mushfiq's thoughts on the frequency of email sends. I hadn't considered a daily newsletter myself, but need to give that some thought now.
- I had never considered creating a newsletter layout in WordPress and exporting the HTML to your ESP for more control over formatting. I may have to try this out!
Cons: Here are the only things I don’t like about the Newsletters for Niche Sites Course
I loved the course, but there were a few subjects I would have liked to see Mushfiq expand upon.
- One lesson in the course covers Mushfiq's favorite opt-in plugin, Optinmonster. We tested this plugin ourselves and found it very unintuitive and difficult to use. We ultimately settled on Convertbox and liked it significantly more.
- I would have liked to see a lesson about how to optimize and split test subject lines to maximize open rates.
- I would have liked to see more about what characteristics to look for when sponsoring a newsletter or what a brand looks for when they see your newsletter. Things like what a good open rate or CTR is and how to vet whether a sponsorship makes sense financially.
- I would have liked to see a mention about how and why to keep your newsletter costs down by culling your list periodically.
Is the Newsletter for Niche Sites Course Worth It?
If you make most of your money off of owning niche sites, the Newsletters for Niche Sites Course is a worthy investment.
The way that Mushfiq goes into detail, giving detailed, step-by-step instructions, makes it easy to start your own successful newsletter designed to attract the attention of sponsors.
He also explains the “why” behind everything so that students can understand the reasoning behind his suggestions instead of just following his instruction blindly.
Above anything else, Mushfiq’s real-life examples and case studies allow students personal insight into how to craft a compelling niche site newsletter to increase revenue.
Newsletter for Niche Sites Course Walkthrough
Let’s do a step-by-step walkthrough for you.
The introduction just gets everyone on the same page.
Mushfiq explains what an email newsletter is and why it’s different from a regular email campaign.
He then tells us a little bit about the pros and cons of newsletters, gives us a super simplified version of a general newsletter business model, and introduces the terminology and lingo he’ll be using throughout the rest of the course.
The video modules included in this section are:
- Newsletter Vs. Email Campaign
- Benefits of Newsletters
- Issues with Newsletters
- The Business Model
In this section, Mushfiq gives us a few examples of really successful newsletters and what they do right.
This section illustrates the benefits of a high-quality newsletter and why they work.
- Morning Brew
- Lenny’s Newsletter
- The Website Flip Newsletter
Here, we get into the “how” of newsletters for niche sites.
He gives students a step-by-step explanation of how to set up, run, manage, and optimize their newsletters.
The five in-depth videos in this section include:
- Choosing an ESP
- Ways to Compile Newsletter
- Newsletter Glue Review
- Email Opt-in Forms
- Optin Monster Review
As Mushfiq explains in his course, sponsorships are a great way to turn your newsletter into a profitable practice.
He shares what has and has not worked for him when trying to secure sponsors.
This module has only one video module entitled “Strategies to Find Sponsors.”
Case Study: The Website Flip
Last but not least, Mushfiq shares a case study on his own successful newsletter.
He tells us what he’s doing right, how he knows he’s doing different things right, and how you can replicate some of his tactics to ensure success with your own newsletter.
The videos in this section are titled:
- Reasons for Success
- Welcome Email Sequence
- Current Newsletter Structure
- Subscriber Growth & Stats
- Ad Placement & Media Kits
Acquiring Newsletters (Coming Soon)
Mushfiq is going to be adding more to this course.
Other Courses from Mushfiq
We're big fans of Mushfiq's courses, and we've gotten a lot of value from his other ones:
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the Newsletters for Niche Sites Course?
Mushfiq's Newsletter for Niche Sites Course costs $249.
Who is Mushfiq Sarker?
Mushfiq Sarker is a successful website flipper who offers courses for other entrepreneurs looking to grow their businesses.
Are newsletters profitable?
Newsletters are profitable if you can get sponsors and advertisers to pay for features on your newsletter.
How much should I charge for a newsletter?
The average yearly price for a paid newsletter is $100.