SMS marketing is extremely popular among marketers and companies, as text message marketing is incredibly effective at capturing leads and retaining buyers.
Our Favorite SMS Marketing Software
Our Rating – 4.9/5
TextMagic has the best overall pricing and the most intuitive platform to send and receive marketing text messages to your customers.
- No development experience required
- 2-way communication and mass texting
- Import contacts in seconds
- Pay as you go pricing
Building a strong SMS marketing campaign starts with finding a platform that gives you the right tools. Textedly provides businesses with everything they need to craft their ideal text message marketing campaigns.
Want to know if Textedly is right for you? In this article, we’ll be highlighting its features to help you decide whether it’s the right SMS marketing platform for your needs.
What is Textedly?
Textedly is a cloud-based mass text messaging service that offers businesses the ability to send out a large number of messages to existing and potential customers and clients. Textedly can be used to send all sorts of text messages including order updates, automated messages, payment reminders, and any other text messages businesses may need to send to a large number of people.
Textedly offers users access to a complete and comprehensive overview of analytics so that companies can see how well their SMS and MMS messages are doing. They offer a wide variety of other unique services, all conveniently accessible through their simple, straightforward dashboard page.
This software is also useful for internal and business-to-business communication making it the perfect solution for all of a company’s communication needs.
How Does Textedly Work?
Once an account has been created and a unique 6-digit phone number has been generated, users can access Textedly’s services through their browser on their computer or phone. From there, they can see a list of tasks that you have available from small tabs on the side of the screen. Tabs include items like:
- Subscribers—Users can see their contacts and add new ones to the list.
- Messages—Users can see messages they have sent as well as view templates and create new messages to send now or schedule for a later time.
- Keywords—Keywords are how users can confirm consent from those receiving texts. These are words that allow people receiving texts to “opt in” to the text messaging service. This is also where users will create an introductory welcome message for new text recipients.
- Reports—This is where users can access comprehensive analytics to see how many new prescribers they are getting, total SMS sent, new keywords created, and subscribers lost.
- Help Center—This is where you can get in touch with their customer support service 24/7 as well as access answers to troubleshoot common issues other users have had.
Textedly offers a wide range of SMS services, allowing users to send everything from appointment reminders to an outbound and inbound media messaging option and even text-to-vote poll services.
The software also allows users to integrate the service with other commonly used business softwares including, but not limited to:
- Google Calender, Sheets, and Docs
- Microsoft Teams
Who Uses Textedly?
Textedly’s affordable pricing plans and easy-to-use interface make it a great option for businesses both big and small across numerous industries. Some of the specialized business-related SMS services they offer tailor to industries including:
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Real Estate
- Retail Stores
A few large companies that use Textedly include:
- American Heart Association
- The Yankees
Though messaging customers and clients is what customers immediately think of as Textedly’s typical use, it also doubles as an incredibly powerful tool for recruiters to get in contact with candidates and easy communication for internal business processes.
What Does Textedly Cost? (Textedly Pricing)
For many small business owners, cost is a huge part of what they take into consideration when choosing an SMS marketing company. So just how much does Textedly charge for its services?
Textedly offers a few different price points that each include different features. After a 14-day free trial that includes 50 free messages and 1 free keyword, companies can choose one of seven different plans offered by Textedly. These options (if billing annually) are:
- Bronze—$24/month, includes 1,200 messages per month, 1 custom keyword, and free incoming messages.
- Plus—$39/month, includes 2,400 messages per month, 2 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
- Enterprise—$50/month, includes 4,200 messages per month, 3 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
- Elite—$70/month, includes 6,000 messages per month, 4 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
- Business—$140/month, includes 12,000 messages per month, 6 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
- Silver—$210/month, includes 18,000 messages per month, 7 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
- Premium—$350/month, includes 30,000 messages per month, 10 custom keywords, and free incoming messages.
Each of these plans is billed annually, meaning companies will pay for a full year of services at a time and purchase more messages as needed throughout the month. They also offer services on a pay-each-month basis, but you get 20% more messages when you sign up for annual billing instead.
By offering free incoming messages, Textedly only charges companies for the messages that they send, not the ones that get sent to them.
Overall, Textedly is a good choice when it comes to SMS marketing software. It’s user-friendly, easy to get started, and effective across the board for a variety of different industries.
Not only is it a great way to reach out to customers and clients, Textedly is also helpful for recruiters getting in contact with candidates and new hires.
On top of covering the basics successfully, Textedly does offer a variety of services and features that set them apart from other companies. Some of these unique features include:
- Mass Group Texting
- Ability to Send Longer Texts (over 300 characters)
- Two-Way SMS
- Unlimited Subscribers for All Price Plans
- Accessibility from the User’s Phone
- Voice Services
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Automatic Replies
- Instagram Texting
Pros: Here’s what I like about Textedly
There’s a lot to like about Textedly. The biggest selling point for this particular service is the price point. At $24/month, it’s a far more affordable option than many other similar services on the market, making it more accessible for owners of smaller businesses and freelancers.
We love their automatic text response services that allow companies to get back to customers immediately without having to type up a new message. Users also enjoy the custom templates offered and the ability that Textedly gives them to schedule mass messages ahead of time.
Another huge plus to Textedly’s software is how compatible it is with so many different apps. By easily connecting Textedly to other software that your company already uses, you can make sure that things run more smoothly and cohesively with regard to communication.
Lastly, many folks love the 24/7 customer service provided. They feel confident that they will be taken care of at any hour of the day, no matter what help they may need.
Cons: Here are the only things I don’t like about Textedly
There are just a few drawbacks to Textedly that some users feel need to be adjusted to make the software better and easier to use.
The biggest issue that users have with Textedly is the limitations created when they are required to pay for a full calendar year upfront. It can be difficult to upgrade services if your business grows which is an issue for companies as their need for text messages increases.
Still looking for a reliable SMS marketing solution?
Compare Textedly with other providers. Check out our detailed guide and get our recommendation on the best SMS marketing software.
You might’ve decided that Textedly isn’t quite right for you. In that case here are a few other Textedly alternatives that could better suit your needs:
- ClickSend – Read our review
- Salesmsg – Read our review
- TextMagic – Read our review
- Heymarket – Read our review
- Twilio – Read our review
SMS marketing is a valuable strategy for any business regardless of size. Consider things like budget, use case, customer base, delivery speed, and customer support to find the right SMS marketing platform for your company.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between SMS and MMS?
SMS refers to text messages that only include words and characters. MMS refers to messages that include forms of media like pictures, links, videos, and emojis. Read more about SMS vs MMS.
Why use an SMS marketing service?
Keeping up with sending out hundreds or thousands of texts each day is a full-time job that requires a lot of energy and effort. SMS marketing tools make everything easier so you can focus on your company.
Do customers respond well to SMS marketing?
Yes. In fact, around 85% of people say they prefer receiving texts over email or phone call, and this translates into the marketing field as well.
Can you pay per month instead of annually?
Yes, but you get 20% more messages per month when you pay annually.
Do I have to enter my credit card information for the free trial?
No, you simply sign up, use the service, then enter payment information if you decide to continue using Textedly.