If you're looking to communicate a series of messages to leads, customers, or employees, then you'll want to understand the basics of SMS drip marketing campaigns.
So how do you communicate a series of messages that receive immediate impact? You'll want to look into an SMS drip campaign.
Our team has researched everything you need to know about these types of SMS marketing campaigns.
Best for Small Businesses
Best for Medium to Enterprise
Table of Contents
- What Is an SMS Drip Campaign?
- What Are Some Practical Uses of SMS Drip Campaigns?
- What Are the Benefits of an SMS Drip Campaign?
- Tips to Create a Successful SMS Drip Campaign
- How to Develop and Create an SMS Drip Campaign
- Which Providers Offer Drip Campaigns?
- Other Uses for SMS Marketing
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is an SMS Drip Campaign?
An SMS drip campaign is a series of messages delivered via text during a predetermined series of times. Many companies will use an SMS drip campaign to communicate to leads, onboard new customers or employees, or deliver some other series of information.
What Are Some Practical Uses of SMS Drip Campaigns?
There are a number of different ways that you can use an SMS drip campaign in your business. Here are three major practical uses for SMS drip marketing campaigns.
- Promotional – If you are trying to see a product or service, then an SMS drip marketing campaign is ideal. You can build up your product or service with a series of testimonials, benefits, limited-time discounts, and calls to action.
- Onboarding – You can also use an SMS drip campaign to help onboard clients or employees to a specific SaaS service or some other product.
- Education – If you need to teach someone about a certain subject, then delivering the information via short and digestible messages may be your best approach.
What Are the Benefits of an SMS Drip Campaign?
There are a number of reasons why you will want to consider an SMS drip campaign. Here is a look at three major benefits to consider:
- High open rate – Text messages have one of the highest open rates of any form of communication. In fact, over 80% of all text messages are opened by the recipient.
- Easy to read – Text messages tend to be shorter in length. That makes it more likely that the entire message will be read.
- Automated – The delivery of the campaign can be completely automated, which makes it much easier to manage.
Tips to Create a Successful SMS Drip Campaign
Make sure you get the best results from your SMS drip campaign. Here are some tips to help get the most from each SMS drip campaign execution.
- Split test messages – Take advantage of split testing to see which type of message works best. With split testing, you will send one type of message to a portion of your list while sending a different message to the other portion. Once you discover which execution works best, then you will use that winning idea going forward.
- Review performance metrics – Be sure to measure the best messages and the best delivery times. This will allow you to better refine future campaigns.
- Refine campaign delivery – Finally, continue to define the campaign to ensure more effective results. This includes considerations for the time and day messages are sent.
How to Develop and Create an SMS Drip Campaign
Here is a look at how you can deliver your next SMS drip campaign from start to finish.
- Connect your campaign with an audience – First, you need to identify the audience and have their contact information.
- Create the messages – Now, you need to decide what type of message to send them and the exact delivery sequence.
- Schedule delivery of messages – Afterward, you will schedule the delivery of the messages.
- Review the effectiveness of the campaign – After sending the campaign, review its effectiveness and make the needed changes to boost overall effectiveness.
Which Providers Offer Drip Campaigns?
If you are looking for the right team to start your next SMS drip campaign, then consider the following agencies:
- Mobile Text Alerts – This company can provide SMS drip campaigns for clients big and small. The company currently offers a free account for 50 contacts with one keyword per message.
- Simple Texting – Simple texting is a service that is designed to make it easy to create and launch your SMS drip campaign. The company counts Cisco Systems, Starbucks, and Samsung as past clients.
- Slick Text – Slick text offers an industry-leading platform that offers you lots of flexibility when it comes to customizing your campaign. The company currently offers a 14-day free trial.
- Textedly – Whether you need to send 10 to 100,000 messages, Textedly makes it easy. The company offers a 14-day free trial for their service.
Other Uses for SMS Marketing
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an example of an SMS drip campaign?
Zulily is an eCommerce store that offers a wide range of consumer products. The company has an SMS drip campaign for promotions and abandoned carts. The campaigns are designed to convert more of their leads into first-time or returning customers.
Are SMS drip campaigns worth it?
An SMS campaign is worth it if you are able to convert at an acceptable rate. For instance, if you can turn at least 5% of your abandoned cart leads into customers, then an SMS drip campaign is well worth it.
What makes a successful SMS drip campaign?
An SMS drip campaign should have a clear objective and should be able to simply explain the call to action. Finally, an SMS drip campaign should be optimized for the best delivery times to the leads.
How do I start an SMS drip campaign?
You should start an SMS drip campaign as soon as you have the right audience and you understand what action you want them to take.