Creating and managing your digital marketing campaigns can seem unfathomable, especially when you start to look at all of the different software and services available.
Email marketing. SMS marketing software. CRMs. Marketing automation tools. Things can quickly get fragmented and expensive. FAST.
Online businesses are starting to demand more from their software providers. As such many software development teams are starting to consolidate a variety of digital marketing solutions under one platform. One company that is quickly growing it's market share and recognition in this space is Omnisend.
But is Omnisend really all that great? Does their suite of marketing solutions provide enough functionality and value over the competition? In the below post, we'll dive into what exactly Omnisend offers. We'll also review their software and share our honest opinion to help you decide if it's the right solution for you and your business.
What is Omnisend?
Omnisend is a platform that allows e-commerce businesses to automate their digital marketing strategies. They help businesses connect with existing customers and turn visitors into regulars, increasing sales while lightening the amount of work that business owners need to do.
This platform also allows businesses to automate things like order updates and weekly newsletters, web push notifications, pop-ups and forms, and SMS notifications and communications with customers.
Since it is designed specifically for e-commerce companies that do their business online, Omnisend allows businesses to connect their Shopify accounts to its platform. This streamlines everything from order updates to analytics, allowing businesses to get specific about what kind of customers they have and how to better target those customers in meaningful ways.
How Does Omnisend Work?
To get started with Omnisend, a company only needs to sign up with an email address and provide some basic information about their business like the address. Then the business will link their online store to get everything synced up and working together.
Once the Omnisend and online store is connected, Omnisend gives you a full breakdown of the next steps that your business needs to take to get the account fully up and running.
From there, you can use the tabs at the top of the page to navigate around to your different tools.
When you navigate over to “Campaigns,” you can begin an email or campaign using one of their unique and well-designed templates to create an eye-catching way to announce a sale or promote new products.
You also have tabs that give you the option to:
- Create forms from pre-made templates to send to customers or post on your website so that they can sign up for your weekly newsletters automatically.
- Check in on your audience engagement.
- Take a look at analytical reports to see what automated messages and marketing campaigns are resonated with which of your customers and what you need to improve on to increase customer connection and response.
- Check out their blog, podcast, library, interviews, and plenty of other resources available to learn more and improve your strategy.
Who Uses Omnisend?
Since the platform is designed specifically for use by e-commerce sites that sell their wares on the internet, most of their users come from the online retail industry and are located in the United States.
Today, Omnisend is used by 70,000 ecommerce brands to grow their customer base and increase engagement by using effective digital marketing techniques.
Here are just a few of the thousands of companies that use Omnisend today:
- Eat Me Guilt-Free
- Fast Model Technologies, LLC
- Augustine Institute, LLC
- Black Mango
- Silver Street Jewellers
- The Cake Store
Whether you’re operating a small Shopify business all by yourself or maintaining a growing list of employees and building an empire with your company, price is always something that needs to be taken into consideration.
Luckily, Omnisend offers businesses of all sizes affordable digital marketing plans. These are also customizable, allowing you to select the package that will take care of your business’s needs while being budget-friendly.
The monthly plans are separated into three different categories.
- Free – Since Omnisend is certain that you’ll love their plans, they offer a free trial period for your business to try them out and see if it’s going to be a good fit. This plan includes 500 emails per month with professional-looking templates, integrated SMS and MMS, 60 international SMS, popups and signup forms, segmentation and customer analytics, email customer support, and A/B testing
- Standard email – $16/month, everything in the free version plus unlimited contacts (reach up to 500), 6,000 emails per month, unlimited web push notifications, 24/7 chat and live support, customer success manager, Facebook custom audience, and Google customer match
- Pro email & SMS – $59/month, everything in the standard version plus unlimited emails, up to 3,540 international SMS, unlimited web push notifications, advanced reporting, customer success manager, and 24/7 priority support
It's important to note that the above pricing is their base pricing. As you add more contacts, the pricing will scale up. For example, if you have 10,000 contacts, the Standard email plan will run you $115/month.
Omnisend is a great affordable option for thousands of businesses. Their focus on e-commerce makes them experts in designing the best marketing automation for online businesses looking to generate more sales.
That being said, the simplicity of the layout can be ironically a bit confusing. There are only a few tabs at the top of your dashboard and it seems like there should be more going on.
They do limit you initially to 250 emails per day when you first start out using their platform. So, if you’re trying to get a huge email campaign up and running within the day, it’s just not going to happen here.
The best part of the easy-to-use format is that it allows businesses to connect with their existing Shopify accounts, allowing users to get a complete and comprehensive look at how customers respond to their different marketing campaigns. Having a platform to keep track of all the analytics stuff so that you don’t have to saves a whole lot of time and effort.
With Omnisend, businesses can completely automate effective communication to keep their customers up-to-date on new products, current sales, and general news about the business. They have everything already set up with pre-made email templates, forms, and automation plans.
This means your business can increase sales without putting in the extra effort of remembering to send emails daily, which is a huge win. Overall, I like Omnisend as a tool for e-commerce businesses. If you're not selling products or services online however, I'd recommend checking out one of the below alternatives.
Pros: Here’s what I like about Omnisend
- Easy-to-use interface
- Direct integrations with Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and other popular platforms
- Track their customers’ buying habits
- Analyze which messages work with which groups of customers
- Keep customers informed of their order status in real-time
- Impressive starting price point beginning at just $16 per month
- Simple email builder and automation editor
Cons: Here are the only things I don’t like about Omnisend
- Not a very wide variety of templates for emails and forms
- Linking to your Shopify account will only track orders going forward, not any orders that were made prior to users opening an Omnisend account
- Unlimited users only offered in Enterprise plan
- Not a great marketing automation solution for non e-commerce businesses
Looking for Omnisend alternatives? We've researched and tested the best digital marketing automation platforms available, so you don't have to. Here are our top alternatives to Omnisend:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Omnisend used for?
Omnisend is a platform that allows businesses to automate digital marketing communication and analyze the success of their campaigns and customer relations.
Does Omnisend work with Shopify?
Yes, you can connect your Omnisend account with your business’s Shopify account to keep track of your customers’ shopping habits and update them on their order status.
Is Omnisend a CRM?
Omnisend is a “complete automated marketing platform” that includes a CRM feature as one of its long list of services.
When was Omnisend founded?
Omnisend was founded in London, the United Kingdom in 2014.
Does Omnisend cost money?
Omnisend is very affordable. They do have a free plan, but it is fairly limited. To get full access to all of Omnisend's features and benefits, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.