Communication is key for recruiters and staffing agencies, and SMS marketing is a powerful tool they can implement.
With the right messaging tactics, recruiters can boost candidate engagement, improve communication efficiency, and streamline the hiring process.
Read this guide to learn how to best use SMS marketing for recruiting and staffing, along with some helpful templates to use immediately.
Best for Small Businesses
Best for Medium to Enterprise
When & How to Use SMS in Recruiting and Staffing
Here are some pivotal use cases (alongside ready-to-use templates) for SMS in recruiting and staffing:
Send immediate notifications to candidates about job openings that match their profiles. This is a helpful way to communicate relevant openings and help match employees with openings faster. A simple text can help make sure they don’t miss a prime job opening!
Try out these templates:
- New Position Opening
- Hi [Candidate's Name], a new position for [Job Title] is available at [Company]. Apply now at [Application Link].
- Job AlertAlert
- [Company] is looking for a [Job Title]. If interested, view details at [Link] or reply for more info.
- New Opportunity
- [Job Title] role open at [Company]. Think you're a match, [Name]? Apply by [Deadline] at [Link].
- Career Change Option
- Looking for a change? [Company] needs a [Job Title]. Details here: [Link]. Get your application in ASAP!
- Job Update
- Job Update for [Field/Specialty]: [Company] is hiring now. Check out the role at [Link].
- Exclusive Alert
- Exclusive job alert, [Name]! [Job Title] position just opened at [Company]. Apply within 24 hours for priority consideration: [Link].
Coordinate interview times and dates with potential candidates via text. This streamlines the interview process and keeps everyone on the same page. SMS for interviews will reduce no-shows and last-minute cancellations, which is best for both the candidate and the employer.
Templates to leverage include:
- Interview Schedule Request
- Hi [Candidate's Name], we'd like to schedule your interview for the [Job Title] position. Please reply with your availability.
- Interview Reminder
- Reminder, [Name]: Your interview with [Company] for [Job Title] is on [Date]. Reply CONFIRM to confirm your attendance.
- Interview Slot Alert
- A slot for [Date] just opened for the [Job Title] position. Reply BOOK to claim it.
- Interview Confirmation Request
- Can we count you in for an interview on [Date], [Name]? [Company] is eager to meet candidates for [Job Title]. Confirm by replying YES.
- Schedule Update
- [Company] has an opening for an interview on [Date]. Reply with ‘SCHEDULE' to secure your time slot.
- Interview Reminder
- Hey, [Name], your interview with [Company] is coming up on [Date]. Please confirm your attendance or reschedule by replying to this message.
Keep candidates informed about their application status so that they know what to expect. This gives them peace of mind and ensures everyone is on the same page. A simple text update will do a lot for your candidates!
Try out these template ideas:
- Application Under Review
- Hi [Candidate's Name], your application for [Job Title] at [Company] is under review. We will update you by [Date].
- Thanks for Applying
- Thanks for applying to [Job Title] with [Company]. We're impressed and will be in touch soon!
- Status Update
- Hey, [Name], your application for [Job Title] has progressed to the next stage. Stay tuned for details!
- Application Alert
- You are now a shortlisted candidate for [Job Title] at [Company], [Name]! More info to follow.
- Application Status Update- Under Consideration
- Just checking in to let you know your application for [Job Title] is still being considered. Thanks for your patience!
- Application to Next Round Alert
- Good news, [Candidate's Name]! Your application for [Job Title] has made it to the next round. Expect a call from us soon.
Use SMS to guide new hires through the onboarding process. Texts streamline onboarding, helping new hires get familiar with the company, their role, and the tools they need. It’s a great platform for quick communication.
Get started with these templates:
- Welcome Message
- Welcome aboard, [Candidate's Name]! Your onboarding with [Company] starts on [Date]. Expect an email with details soon.
- New Hire Paperwork
- Hi [Candidate's Name], please complete your new hire paperwork by [Deadline]. Any questions? Reply HELP.
- Onboarding Step
- Hey, [Name] next onboarding step is setting up your [Company] email and workstation. Reply SETUP to schedule this.
- Onboarding Reminder
- Hey [Name], a quick reminder that [Company]’s onboarding session is tomorrow at [Time]. Bring [Documents] and an ID!
- Onboarding Package
- Your onboarding package is ready, [Candidate's Name]. Please visit [Link] to start the process.
- Orientation Attendance
- To complete your onboarding with [Company], confirm your attendance for the orientation on [Date] by replying with YES.
Contract Updates and Renewals
Inform staff about contract end dates and renewal options to increase the chances of retaining quality employees and talent. It also prevents any unwelcome surprises or confusion, which improves the employee experience.
Use these templates:
- Contract Renewal Upcoming
- Hi [Candidate's Name], your contract with [Company] is due to renew soon. Reply RENEW to extend or DISCUSS for options.
- Contract End Alert
- Alert, [Name], your current contract ends on [Date]. Please confirm your intent to renew by [Deadline].
- Contract Ending Soon
- Hey, [Name], your role with [Company] is ending on [Date]. Interested in discussing new opportunities? Reply BACK.
- Contract Renewal Option
- Time flies! Your contract renewal with [Company] is up for discussion. Let's chat? Reply YES for an appointment.
- Contract Review Reminder
- Quick Reminder: [Candidate's Name], review your contract with [Company] expiring on [Date]. Renewal options are available upon request.
Ask placed candidates to refer friends or colleagues for open positions. Recommendations streamline the hiring process, especially when they come from valued employees. Employee referrals may also make your team feel more valued and impactful.
Here are some template ideas:
- Referral Request
- Know someone great for a [Job Title] role? Refer them to [Company] and earn [Reward/Perk] for every successful hire.
- Referral Incentive
- Expand our team and your rewards! Refer a [Job Title] to [Company] and claim your [Incentive].
- Valued Network
- Hi [Candidate's Name], [Company] values your network. Refer a friend for [Job Title] and enjoy [Perk] on us!
- Referral Bonus
- Referral Bonus! Help [Company] find a [Job Title] and get [Reward]. Know someone? Reply REFER.
- Make your connections count. Refer a candidate to [Company] and be rewarded. Details at [Link].
- Your referral means a lot! Introduce us to a potential [Job Title] and, if hired, you'll receive [Incentive].
Best for Small Businesses
Best for Medium to Enterprise
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the use cases of SMS for Recruiting and Staffing?
Recruiting and staffing agencies use SMS to send job alerts, interview invitations, application updates, onboarding communications, contract renewals, and referral requests.
What is the best SMS tool for Recruiting and Staffing?
Top SMS tools for recruiting and staffing include SimpleTexting, TextMagic, Mobile Text Alerts, and Omnisend.
What are the limitations of SMS for Recruiting and Staffing?
Challenges include managing consent for communication, the brevity required by SMS, and crafting messages that are both personal and professional to maintain engagement without being intrusive.