As a writer and editor, I’ve tested many AI writing tools, but sometimes I just need a person for the job.
Just as I have done with my previous tests, I sent them a request for a 1,500-word article and a 1,000-word content update on AI-written content.
The results and service were refreshing and even passed our AI detectors.
Let’s take a closer look at Verblio and see how easy it is to use a human writer again.
Table of Contents
- Verblio Review & Walkthrough Video
- Verblio Review
- Is Verblio Worth It?
- Verblio Pricing
- How Does Verblio Writing Service Work?
- Who Should Use Verblio?
- Alternatives to Verblio
Verblio Review & Walkthrough Video
Overall, I was impressed with the samples I ordered from Verblio. It was quite easy to create the account, and I appreciated the questions that nailed down the voice I was looking for.
The submission platform itself was pretty easy to navigate. I didn’t get lost or feel the need for a video walk-through to use the service. One handy feature was that Verblio emailed me to let me know when the articles were ready.
The content turned around pretty quickly as well. I got my first article within 48 hours. Verblio took into consideration the type of content I needed and made use of the CTAs and keywords I included. I even tried adding in a detail to see if they would use it (hint: they did).
This first article is my standard test for AI writing tools and is called “Prepping Your Home for a New Puppy.” I’ve included a link for you to see the unedited article, so you can see the quality of the piece Verblio’s writer created.
The second article “The Ideal Companion: How to Pick the Best Dog for Your Apartment” was a rewrite of an AI-generated article. You can see the original here to compare them. I requested that they draw this article back to about 1,000 and make it sound less like AI.
Verblio’s writer really delivered. The output from the first article barely registered as having AI-generated text, and the second rewritten text was vastly improved.
My favorite part was that after the content was delivered, I was able to leave feedback for the writers. This is a really great way to continue to develop great content and find the writers who best fit your brand.
I appreciated that they let me know the expected return time and gave me an email address to contact if the writer didn’t meet that timeframe. This detail made me feel confident in their ability to fulfill my order.
Pros: Here’s What I Like About Verblio
- A large pool of writers to work on your project. The best aspect of Verblio’s setup is that if one writer can’t make the deadline, another can pick up where the other left off. And you don’t have the mess of going out and finding that replacement. Verblio already has it covered. This actually happened with the content update.
- Variety of pricing options based on type and length of content. Personally, I like customizable pricing, especially if it comes with a no-commitment monthly plan. You can pick out what article length you want, how many articles you want of whichever length, and then add on extra features like videos or photos.
- Customizable options, including add-on services such as optimization, photos, and videos. With multimedia becoming one of those features you need to rank, it’s a great option to have video offered. As someone who frequently makes videos for articles, I know the time it takes to get this done.
- The opportunity to leave feedback on the content really benefits both you and the writer. When the writers see your feedback, it helps them know if your projects are right for them, which makes them more likely to select your project. You can also bookmark writers you like so that they get priority for your projects.
- Their turnaround is pretty quick: 48-72 hours on average. I think most of the first day is waiting for the writer to choose the project. But once I saw my writer’s name pop up, they got it back to me pretty quickly.
- Easy-to-use platform. You know that I work with AI a lot. It takes time to learn and get used to the platforms. Verblio isn’t like that. It’s really just a matter of filling out a form and choosing your service.
- Being able to update existing content and improve AI-generated content is a huge plus. I wasn’t expecting Verblio to update an AI-generated article and have it pass the AI detectors like they did.
Cons: Here’s What I Don’t Like About Verblio
- During the revision or editing process, your writer decides if they will complete the revision or edit. The purchase of the article doesn’t come with a set number of edits built into the price, so you’ll have to be selective about what you ask for. Writers are more likely to complete edits if they’re more along the lines of proofreading or copyediting and less likely if they’re more like a revision.
- You don’t get to pick the writer. They pick you. If you want to have a little more control over who you want to hire or if you want to work exclusively with a particular writer, you can’t pick. The closest you can come is to bookmarking writers that you like–after you’ve worked with those writers on previous projects.
Is Verblio Worth It?
Depending on what you’re trying to accomplish, yes, Verblio can be worth it.
If there is a set of articles that will really need a human touch, I would suggest using Verblio over an AI writer. You’ll have far less editing involved. For example, if you have a product review to write, having a Verblio writer give you the bulk so that you only need to tweak it with your personal insights is a no-brainer.
On the other hand, if you need to scale up your content production to establish topical authority, I would use AI writers to help get me there and only use human writers on the topics you really want to stand out on.
If you need existing content updated but don’t have the bandwidth to do it yourself, Verblio can really work well for that. Take a look at the content update sample they did for us. They not only cut it nearly in half, but they also made it pass our AI detectors.
The pricing for Verblio is based on a number of factors, including the type of content you need, the complexity of the subject matter, and the length of the piece.
Verblio offers a variety of content types, including blog posts, articles, product descriptions, and more. The cost of each type of content will vary, with blog posts generally being the most affordable and longer, more complex pieces being pricier.
In terms of length, Verblio offers several options, including 500-word pieces, 1,000-word pieces, and more. The longer the piece, the higher the cost, but you'll also get more content for your money.
Verblio has a nifty pricing page that allows users to estimate their spending based on the length and amount of content pieces you need. From there, pricing is broken down into monthly, quarterly, or yearly installments.
The complexity of the subject matter can also affect the cost of Verblio's content writing services. If you're writing about a niche topic that requires a lot of research, you can expect to pay more than you would for a piece about a more common topic.
Additionally, Verblio offers a variety of add-on services, such as editing and proofreading, that can increase the cost of your content. However, these services are optional, so you can choose to purchase them or not depending on your budget and needs.
How Does Verblio Writing Service Work?
Verblio works by connecting businesses and individuals with a network of professional writers who are experienced in creating high-quality content. The process starts by creating an account and selecting the type of content you need. Then you provide a brief on the topic, desired tone, and target audience. This process is meant to lock in your tone and voice early on so there will be less revision needed later.
Verblio matches the project with a writer who has expertise in the topic and will craft the content according to your requirements. The final product is reviewed by Verblio's editors, who ensure that it meets the highest quality standards before it's delivered to you. Once the content is written, you only pay for the content you approve.
Is Verblio Legit?
Verblio is absolutely legit.
They’re not a fly-by-night kind of company. You’re going to get quality content with a decent turnaround time on a wide range of topics. They hire writers who are knowledgeable in a variety of fields.
This diversity helps ensure that your project needs are met efficiently. You’re not having to go out and find an expert writer in your niche. They’ve already got them.
Who Should Use Verblio?
Verblio is designed for businesses and individuals who need high-quality written content but don't have the time or resources to create it themselves. Whether you're a small business owner, a marketer, or a content creator, Verblio can help you save time and money while still delivering high-quality content. Additionally, Verblio is suitable for those who are not confident in their writing skills or who struggle to find the time to write themselves.
Overall, Verblio is a flexible, reliable, and cost-effective content writing tool that can help businesses and individuals create high-quality content quickly and easily. With a large network of professional writers, a simple ordering process, and a commitment to quality, Verblio is an excellent choice for anyone in need of written content.
Alternatives to Verblio
AI Writing Tool Alternatives
- Content at Scale – Read our review
- Jasper – Read our review
- Copy.ai – Read our review
- Mentum – Read our review
- Frase – Read our review
- Rocket Content – Read our review
- Writesonic – Read our review
- Grammarly – Read our review
- QuillBot – Read our review
Read our detailed comparison of the best AI writing tools
Content Writing Service Alternatives (real writers)
- PandaCopy – Read our review (*** our top pick ***)
- SEOButler – Read our review
- Content Cucumber – Read our review
- Content Refined – Read our review
Read our detailed comparison of the best content writing services
Favorite Editing Services (for human writers and AI-generated content)
What is Verblio and what services does it offer?
Verblio is a content writing service that connects businesses and individuals with professional writers. Verblio offers a wide range of content writing services, including blog posts, articles, product descriptions, and more.
How does Verblio work and what makes it different from other content writing services?
Verblio works by connecting businesses and individuals with its pool of professional writers. Verblio is different from other content writing services in that it offers affordable prices and a variety of customization options, including content length and add-on services.
How does Verblio ensure the quality of its content?
Verblio carefully vets and selects its writers to ensure that they produce high-quality, well-researched content.
What are the pros and cons of using Verblio for my content writing needs?
Pros of using Verblio include its large pool of writers, affordable prices, and high-quality content. Cons of using Verblio include limited control over the writers assigned to your content and limited revisions.