Before picking a platform to start selling online courses, read my review of Podia.
Most Customizable Course Platform
Best All-In-One Course Platform
I’ll share the pros and cons of the platform and compare it to the other top online course providers.
Table of Contents
- What Makes Podia Different than Other Providers?
- Podia Overview and Pricing
- Podia Review – The Good & Bad
- Review of Podia’s Best Features
- Alternatives to Podia
What Makes Podia Different than Other Providers?
The two features that set Podia apart from other platforms are:
- Great customer service
- Affordable, low-cost plans with a lot of value
Let’s take a high-level look at Podia and then we’ll dive into my review.
Podia Overview and Pricing
Podia will provide a framework with everything you need to create and sell your course or run a membership site.
You can create your course using videos and written content and then sell through a Podia sales page which will handle payment processing for you.
Podia has two price plans: $39 and $79. Both plans offer unlimited courses, ability to use a custom domain, quizzes, and integrated email marketing.
My pick for the best plan is the Shaker plan for $79/month. The Shaker plan is the least expensive of all comparable mid-budget plans and comes with affiliate tools to help you drive sales and the ability to generate recurring revenue through memberships.
Get the full run down on the Podia price plan here.
Podia Review – The Good & Bad
Pros: Here’s what I like about Podia
- Good customer support with responsive, 24/7 live chat.
- Affordable plans
- Podia’s built-in email marketing tool lets you message students when events occur like enrolling or completing a course.
- You can offer students payment options like a monthly payment plan for higher cost courses.
- Custom domain and ability to customize to match the look and feel of your business or website.
- You can offer a monthly recurring subscription for ongoing access to a course in a membership model.
- Podia frequently adds features to their platform
Cons: Here are the only things I don’t like about Podia
- There’s not as many course and site customization options as some of the other platforms (yet).
- You would need to use a 3rd party platform (like ClickFunnels or LeadPages) for a sales funnel builder.
- There is no phone support
- No course marketplace
Review of Podia’s Best Features
I started this review by sharing two features that make Podia stand out from other course providers. Let me expand:
1 – Great customer service
Podia has some of the best customer support I’ve seen in a course platform. While they only offer live chat support (no phone support), chat agents are very thorough and responsive and you’ll get an email of the conversation to reference.
2 – Affordable, low cost plans with a lot of value
Podia has the least expensive paid plans of any online course platform. And the lowest price plan, the Mover ($39/month), has almost all the same features as the Shaker plan ($79/month). The key differences being membership functionality and affiliate tools.
Also Read: What to do when your course has been pirated
Alternatives to Podia
Podia has affordable plans, but unfortunately, there is no free plan. An alternative is Thinkific which has a good free option (read my review of Thinkific).
Both of Podia’s plans are packed with features and worth considering. However, if you are looking to explore options besides Podia, check out my reviews of the 5 best course platforms.
See why we recommend Kajabi over PodiaRead our Kajabi Review
Here are the top alternatives to Podia: